Noel Whittaker

I've been subscribing to Noel's e newsletters for the last 14 years and read his early books back in the day ,front to back many times . I believe he has now sold his practise and is winding back .

A great steward to the world of personal finance and an inspiration to many I'd say .

CBA bought the business in 2008. The name itself was dropped last year and the remains of the business are under the Financial Wisdom (CBA) license.

His responses in his weekly column in the local rag vary between excellent, average, and dodgy. Admittedly, the questions are edited to 50 words and his responses, to about the same.

He recommended in a recent column that first time buyers should peruse their local REA's window to see what is on offer. Hasn't he heard of the internet? Is he stuck in 1998?

His advice columns are about 90% retirement focussed.

Cause that's where his bread is buttered. I'm sure if I wanted to invest in a managed fund for a 6% return and a reasonable commission to him for introducing me to the fund then I would have done it years ago.

I read his 1st book when it came out. 1st financial book I ever read. Set my thinking patterns and took many years to shake.

I am on his list aa well. Surprisingly he has responded with a reasonable response to a question I asked of him.

Likewise I have found Alan Kholer quite good.

Agreed pursefattener.

The 2nd chapter in his 2nd book "More Money" was the best for me.

I remember devouring his books, sitting in some dusty smoko shack in outback Roma Queensland and thinking.....I've gotta do something about this powerful knowledge.

Over 20 years ago now. He'd be proud of what I achieved, thanks to him sharing his knowledge. I take my hat off to him.

Back