noisy tenants other unit owners complaining

I think what twobobsworth was suggesting is that if the PM is willing to shift noisy tenants to another property, then maybe he'll do the same to you in the future, ie. shift noisy/undesirable tenants from another property into your property.

As per what Mark is saying, I understand. Truth is though, if you don't know who the tenant is, then you don't know what they may be capable of. And I don't want to tangle with someone who has little to lose. I guess I also feel that someone who lays their music loudly to all hours probably doesn't have much of a life and clearly has too much free time. That being the case, I don't want to worry about the stupid silly stuff they might get up to when I'm at work and they've decided they want to get their revenge for me complaining.

Having said that, there really are a couple of options you have if you're the tenant living next to noisy neighbours.

1) Move
2) Complain to the offender
3) Call the police
4) Talk to the building manager when it's possible.

About 5 months ago I moved into a new place that I was sharing with an absolute psycho. Of course, I figured that out later. I was only there eight days. Half of which I spent over at one of my girlie's places.

The straw that broke the camel's back was her playing really loud music in the living room that flooded into my room and made it impossible for me to get anything done. We had a chat and she said she couldn't change. I told her I'd be moving out soon. She agreed and then turned around and refused to refund half the week's rent that I'd paid and also said that I wouldn't be allowed to live there for that half week.

She got viscious, emotional and angry very quickly and started swearing, yelling at me and pointing fingers.

I decided the $90 wasn't worth it and held my breath until I got the bond back.

Could I have taken it further? Sure, I guess so, but to me, I'd pay $90 not to have to go to the tribunial, miss a day of work and to put up with all the other ******** besides.

So yeah, I guess I subscribe to the prevention first strategy - but you're right Mark, you can't wish a problem away - you have to deal with it early and nip it in the bud.

I also agree with the view of getting all the other tenants together, having a chat, and clearing the air. It may be over for this particular situation, but there will be lingering feelings that could come out again down the road, so it's better to prevent that from happening.

I think what twobobsworth was suggesting is that if the PM is willing to shift noisy tenants to another property, then maybe he'll do the same to you in the future, ie. shift noisy/undesirable tenants from another property into your property.

Yes, I understood what tbw was implying. As I have said he virtually works for me with my properties most probably 25-35% of his rent roll. So for me to be worried that this would happen is a preposterous concept.

Also as I pointed out he did exactly what I proposed - me being the driving force. I have a very close business relationship with this PM.

Cheers

Back