Nokia Phone Up grade HELP

Hi there to all the techo Phone buffs.
I am about to come out of a contract for mobile phone (Nokia) with Optus.

I do not need a phone that has GPS and email or all that movie stuff.

But i do want a phone that has a loud volume ring and you are able to hear and adjust the volume of the call. And a simple camera would be nice:cool:
(Like old fashioned ah) A phone that does what a phone is supposed to do. My last Nokia Sports could tell you how far you walked, how many kilojuiles you burnt , send emails, Blue tooth the moon and did everything except have a clear volume. The keypad fell off all the time. The screen would crash etc, etc, etc. (Bloody heap of p -o.

So this time i would like to get it right:D
Any opinions on:
Nokia 6300
Nokia 6500
Nokia 6120
Nokia 3120
Nokia E51

Thanks in advance ;)

Gee Cee

... --- ...

I asked the phone guys at work and here is their reply

"The nokia 6120 is trialled and tested. Im using one at the moment and haven't had any dramas with it. Not the flashiest phone out there but the most reliable I think."

Hope this helps

Gee Cee,

I had a 6120 for a while .. I like it, it did almost nothing but make/receive calls and text messages. It was the default "work phone" for a few years there - almost everyone in the office carries a beaten up 6120 .. very few of them have died. Some have needed a new case from repeated dropping, but that's as bad as it gets.

My other half has a 6500 Slider .. she likes it, but I have no idea what she does with it. It has a much better camera than the 6120 (or my 6120 was an old model). From memory it's a "Series 40" phone, so it'll probably have the exact same features as the 6120. The "slider" feels a bit flimsy after six months of use though.

Cheers.

i've got a 6300, with optus. in feb we are swapping to three mobile on a N95 or N96.

All the other phones run thru three, their caps seem to be significantly better than optus to begin with.

Wife has a 6500 as well, shes happy with it because it plays funky ringtones.

or don't get a phone upgrade. Just use pre paid, that rates are as good as post paid $30 for $150 worth of calls. Better money management. I wished I could get out of my contract.

Phones are so cheap now, buy one outright. Just have a look around and see what style you like. the LG ones look really nice.

The 6300 is an excellent little phone, very slick, great screen and useful features for every day use :)

Does it have to be a nokia? The Sony Erricssons are always a favourite with me :)

nokia 6120

i have a nokia 6120 its 7 months old and i'm happy with it.

my battery was needing recharging often so i took it back and was told the warranty is only for 6 months, so make sure if you arent happy to get in touch with them fast.

ones with sliding or opening fetures are not as strong as ones that dont have these.
also i have a cheap soft rubber cover on mine which gives it a bit of protection

Good luck

Francine.

Back