Nollamara Development - Stage 2 (Subdivision)

Hi folks,

stage 1 DA has been lodged so time to start another thread, this time devoted to stage 2 subdivison. I'll keep on updating the other thread as the DA progresses.

So a while back we recieved WAPC approval to subdivide our block with the purpose of building a single unit, that was back in December 2012. Since then we have changed project managers and our strategy and decided to build 2 multidwellings each holding 3 units. So now we asked WAPC if we could get a variation on the existing approval and have been told...

"when it comes to revised plans there are a few protocols we follow here to determine whether we would entertain such proposals. Firstly, revisions are generally only accepted where the variation to lot areas is of a very minor degree. Secondly, the lot configuration should not change markedly. And thirdly, the revisions should not warrant new conditions being imposed. Where any of the abovementioned criteria occur then this means a new application is needed."

So now we're up for a new application and will have to wait at least 3 months before approval is given plus pay full fees. What a bummer!

rgds
Dave

just a bit of a warning for you, basically allow at least another 9 months from now before you get titles, potentially closer to a year.

western power are taking between 6-8 months from when you put in a DQA to the dome getting installed, if you are able to start that process prior to WAPC approval i would do so (im not sure if you can though).

they are an absolute mess at the moment, everything is farmed out from design to construction with no direct communication between the groups.

western power are taking between 6-8 months from when you put in a DQA to the dome getting installed, if you are able to start that process prior to WAPC approval i would do so (im not sure if you can though).

I'll make some calls, thanks for the heads up Sanj.

My project Manager's (Ross from Momentum Wealth) confident it's only about 2-6 weeks once the clearance fees have been paid. I'm glad you brought it too my attention though.

just a bit of a warning for you, basically allow at least another 9 months from now before you get titles, potentially closer to a year.

they are an absolute mess at the moment, everything is farmed out from design to construction with no direct communication between the groups.

I'm told from engineers we do a lot of work with that you can lodge the DQA as soon as you have a WAPC number (so as soon as your application is receipted) to at least get you in the line. If for whatever reason it all falls apart throughout the process then you just withdraw.

I'm told from engineers we do a lot of work with that you can lodge the DQA as soon as you have a WAPC number (so as soon as your application is receipted) to at least get you in the line. If for whatever reason it all falls apart throughout the process then you just withdraw.

That's good info, thanks.

Dave
Prices of blocks similar to your purchase are now selling close to $600,000:), have you noticed any upward trend with regards to units/villas, I would hope so??

Cheers
MTR

Dave
Prices of blocks similar to your purchase are now selling close to $600,000:), have you noticed any upward trend with regards to units/villas, I would hope so??

Cheers
MTR

I know it's fantastic!! We purchased this for $470k last October with the help of a buyers agent. He's paid his fees back many times :D

I have noticed villa's and units are on the up to, 3x2 villas back then were selling for around $380 - $400, now they're upwards of $450, it's great and I hope it lasts and not just a bubble.

I know it's fantastic!! We purchased this for $470k last October with the help of a buyers agent. He's paid his fees back many times :D

I have noticed villa's and units are on the up to, 3x2 villas back then were selling for around $380 - $400, now they're upwards of $450, it's great and I hope it lasts and not just a bubble.

Hi Dave
If anyone was looking at the standard 3 units on 728 sqm which is the norm in Nollamara, those villas need to be selling for around $500K+ to make it work and you would need to be building something like this
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-villa-wa-nollamara-115086579

Hi Dave
If anyone was looking at the standard 3 units on 728 sqm which is the norm in Nollamara, those villas need to be selling for around $500K+ to make it work and you would need to be building something like this
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-villa-wa-nollamara-115086579

R u saying if you bought now then you would have to sell the units at $500k to be worthwhile? If so I agree, it's getting real tight there. If I was building to sell Nollamara prob isn't the place to do that now.

I'm glad we're holding and building 6 smaller units. We should see a tidy profit.

R u saying if you bought now then you would have to sell the units at $500k to be worthwhile? If so I agree, it's getting real tight there. If I was building to sell Nollamara prob isn't the place to do that now.

I'm glad we're holding and building 6 smaller units. We should see a tidy profit.

Yes, land is too expensive and returns just not there, unless the units really start to rise, just seems to be too much stock available at the lower entry level.

Was watching the news the other day, apparently land in Perth is now more expensive than Syd, here is the link. Development sites just keep going up everywhere

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2013/s3874166.htm?site=perth

Back