North Melbourne roof repair - $3300?

The tile roof has been damaged by the hailstone. As I was away from the house, so called a tradesman. He told me many tiles were broken, quoting $3.3k to repair. Is it a reasonable price?

Have landlord insurance with NRMA, but never claimed. Do I need to report to NRMA before or after the repair?

Thinking better to put colorebond roof rather than $3.3k to replace the damaged tiles. Do you think it’s a wiser way to fix the problem? How does it to do with the insurance company?

As it’s in holiday, could not get answers from NRMA, hope anyone here and give some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Aulyna

report it to insurance now, then claim it. That's what your insurance is for. they might deny if you repair first without notifying them.

report it to insurance now, then claim it. That's what your insurance is for. they might deny if you repair first without notifying them.
Thanks orbitor, will do :)

Why has it taken a week to contact the insurers?

• Was on holidays; did not have contact phone numbers...

• Found tradesman from yellow pages, thought would pay him to do the job, did not expect it would cost so much:(

• Never claim from an insurer before, did not know the process

Perhaps now would be a good time to pull out your policy and have a thorough read.

Insurance companies can have very strict rules for claims and as you have paid your premiums you are entitled to make a claim, just make sure you do it the correct way or they may refuse to pay.

Far more than 3.3k to redo a roof in colorbond.

Claim it on insurance

Thanks DaveMSydney for the reply.

Do you know how much it could cost for a 120m2 single story house? Can it be claimed on insurance? ; -)

Good idea Macca,
Did not read the policy, will do it today ; -)

Back