North Perth R60 Apartment block thread

Update:

Slight hiccup due to some a few tenancy issues - no bonds, no property condition reports, incorrect leases etc.

I gave them the choice of fixing or delaying Settlement and they give notice to Tenants to vacate. They chose getting rid of the tenants so that means they need to give them 33 days notice.

Settlement therefore is not going to happen on Wednesday and will happen around 10th August.

Whilst the yield was very good for the current tenants, too many issues came to light this week for me to risk taking them on as is.

Whilst the yield was very good for the current tenants, too many issues came to light this week for me to risk taking them on as is.

Out of interest... won't your plan involve demolishing the existing house? If so, is your concern that the tenants will be an issue for you in the design/approvals time?

Out of interest... won't your plan involve demolishing the existing house? If so, is your concern that the tenants will be an issue for you in the design/approvals time?

Tenants are rarely an issue during that time as long as you have proper leases in place so when it's demolition time you can give them the proper notice to vacate.

My concern was that only 2 of the tenants had bonds and those bonds were only 1 weeks rent. Even if I'm demolishing the house I don't want the tenants doing damage and not being able to recoup it.

I'll retenant it with everything to the law - I like things by the book to protect me and the tenants.

Settlement was 2 weeks ago and new tenants moved in last weekend for $500/wk.

I only had 7 days of it being empty so that was pretty good news.

I have also had a change of heart about the new development. We are going to try and put 6 apartments of 2 x 2.

I have the blessing from my accountant and SMSF guru to sell 1 or 2 if I want and put money back into the SMSF. There is a fine line you don't want to cross where the ATO thinks you are in a business like activity but the rules are in our favour as we are not borrowing to do the development.

Back