Northern Beaches (of Sydney) Pads

As I said somewhere above my property strategy is to always buy something I would be happy to live in myself - this has many benefits to me.

If it goes up great, if its positively geared great, if it stays flat or goes down and is negatively geared then I can always use it for my family.
I don't think it matters anymore,if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time of night or day it could happen too you,just because you live in a up-market area means nothing..imho..willair,,

something like this

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007528305#

brick = no concrete cancer, no lift = low strata walk to shops and main road buses (but not too close for noise factor)

hey dundee

ive got a unit near that one youve got shown for sale. dee why is a great place to live.. lismore ave is only 7-10min walk to beach + buses to city all the time & 5 min to shops. council just approved the da for multiplex to build new town centre:

http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/plan_dev/dee_why_masterplan.aspx

TC

I work in Brookvale and I can vouch that there is a reasonably sized "troublesome " population living in some of lower northern beach suburbs . Drug use / Violence etc .

No where near like what it was like in the West / South West , but they are there....

Cliff

believe me there are drug/ violence/ graffiti problems in the upper beaches suburbs aswell.. take a walk late through avalon or mona vale on any fri or sat nights and youll see what i mean

I think the point is there is drugs, alcohol and violence everywhere. Its just the amount that differs.

I'm sure St Ives has drug and alcohol incidences and so does say Minto in SW Sydney. Its just the amount that differs. The Northern Beaches used to be a blue collar, of course surf culture area with lots of tradies etc, thats why it still has a few probs. Now its mostly professionals with prices accordingly and will change. For better or worse depends on your perspective.

It would be between the above 2 areas for the amount of drug & alcohol stuff. Although DeeWhy is a bit bogan, is improving lately.

When the Bogan Penetration Ratio "BPR" is less than 35% you can choose to avoid them. When the BPR is say 60% you're at risk of class dilution

The town our IP is in has one of the lowest bogan ratios I've ever seen.

There's no rubbish, no graffiti, no drunks in the gutters, noone in black jeans and wifebeaters with mullets, everyone has 2 foot high fences with roses behind them and valuables on display. Old people meander the streets popping in on each other for coffee and extracting as much gossip from each other as possible. And I have a large pile of copper pipes in the backyard of the IP and several weeks on they are still there :eek: But the big rubbish pile at the front disappears rapidly, mainly because people knock on the door and ask nicely if they can take some. There's a couple of fuscia and lipstick red sporty looking cars with personalised number plates in the town (they're the hooniest cars there) but they drive at the speed limit or below.

If it wasn't a real town I'd think I was making it all up. There is, of course, a town near here in the other direction with the highest bogan ratio I've ever seen, which explains everything.

Thats Great RElf - care to tell us which town and why you think the BPR is so much lower? a clustering of housing commission on the bad side perhaps?

hi - I am an agent in Manly on the Northern Beaches. If you would like any specific info happy to see if i can help. PM me.

When the Bogan Penetration Ratio "BPR" is less than 35% you can choose to avoid them. When the BPR is say 60% you're at risk of class dilution

That's very funny Croc.:D:D

Perhaps there's a business in this for someone? Just like we have web-sites for vacancy rates: www.sqm.com.au and median price changes at rpdata etc......you could have a web-site publishing the Bogan Penetration Ratio "BPR" :p

Hi Croc

I lover the term BPR:D

My gut feeling though , is that you want a BPR significantly lower . If the BPR is 33 % or over , that means it's likely that either you :eek: or one of your direct neighbours is a bogan.:eek:

I think anything over 10 % would be dodgy and probably lower would be "safer"

Cliff

the problem with the better northern beaches suburbs with the lower bogan factor is that the bogans get replaced with some of biggest ******s youll ever meet..

Thats Great RElf - care to tell us which town and why you think the BPR is so much lower? a clustering of housing commission on the bad side perhaps?
I just said why it seems the BPR is so low in my first post ... Tis Jamestown in SA, the one I usually spruik. I'd live there if someone would be so kind as to buy my house so I can build myself one there. The bogans are still there, you just don't see them or any evidence they exist. There's money in that town and its not from Centerlink. I had to wait at the counter at the car place today to book a service because everyone was off madly selling brand new Toyotas instead of slouching around behind the front desk. And the service department was booked out for weeks! Geez. Damn these growing towns clogging up with well-off folks.

A bogan owned the house I bought and rented it out to other bogans that trashed the place before it was repossessed. All since left town though.

My town has a BPR of around 90% :eek: They try and steal your petrol if you leave your car unattended for too long with a full tank.

Back