Northern beaches - where to buy

Hi, after reading the new transport plan for the northern beaches, I am interested in making a purchase in that part of sydney. Has anyone had any experience buying investment properties in that area. I am looking at Dee Why, Mona vale, fair light, freshwater.

Son purchased Dee why last year it was pretty hot market. Most sold after first open. More stock coming on now, the market seems to still be chugging along.

Not all the units have done their fire upgrades as yet.

Good luck purchasing. He has seen some equity gain and rent will cover his costs.

We bought in manly around 2 years ago , around about 15-20 percent growth . I've been working in Mona Vale for the last four months .

If I was looking at the moment I"d probably be looking at Mona vale , / narrabeen . Dee Why and down has already moved moderately and is ( from what I've heard ) still hot , whereas last time we looked Mona vale hadn't moved as much . I'd probably start off looking around Darley St , east of Pittwater road .

Someone I knew was having problems selling a large Studio for around 300 K . That was around 9 months ago. Not sure what has happened since then , but if I was looking , that's where I'd start . I suggested to my daughter she should look there , but she ended up buying OTP in Dee Why late last year just as things were taking off.

Mona vale is the biggest commercial center in the upper northern beaches and , while it doesn't look much when you first drive through it , there is a lot of good shops and restaurants . MX , a mexican that opened in April is my current favorite , their Wagu beef taco's ... :cool:. My wife and several of her friends are happy to spend time shopping at Mona vale , and there's several people we know who's raised their kids on the North Shore , who have downsized to the upper northern beaches .

Cliff

Bit of a long stretch to say that MV is the largest commercial centre on the Northern Beaches. Having dealt with govt property over the years, there were no govt offices north of Dee Why.

MV has got a good industrial base. Like Brookvale.

Bit of a long stretch to say that MV is the largest commercial centre on the Northern Beaches. Having dealt with govt property over the years, there were no govt offices north of Dee Why.

MV has got a good industrial base. Like Brookvale.

Mona vale is the biggest commercial center in the upper northern beaches and , while it doesn't look much when you first drive through it , there is a lot of good shops and restaurants .
Cliff

Upper northern beaches is what I said . It has coles and Woolworths though not Bunnings ........ Dee Why / Brookvale / Manly I'd consider lower northern beaches . They'd all be bigger .

The other thing Mona Vale has is it's sitting on the Pittwater Rd / Mona vale Rd / Barrenjoey Rd intersection so it is a bit of a road hub with Mona Vale rd being one of the three road corridors off the Northern beaches , and is also at the end of the Proposed Fast bus system

Cliff

Mona Vale is the best. Very hard to find anything of a value though close to the ocean.
One day I will buy a house there to live in.
From investment point of view probably as good as any other suburbs. Last deal that I though had any remote value in it was block of land for $980k about 600m from the beach. Could have built a house and a granny flat to rent out, would be cash flow positive after that.

Back