NOTE TO SELF: change statements from half yearly to monthly

So the bank needed a recent statement, but the only one I had was from last November because they are half yearly. Great. And most banks can't just generate one for you straight away, it takes 3-4 days for ad hoc statements and they insist on physically mailing it out. Things were already tight, this just makes things worse.

BUT I'd like to see the upside to this - every stumble is a lesson. I will now go to all my bank accounts and update them to monthly, in case I need urgent financing again (I wasn't even planning to buy this house, I just stumbled across a deal too good to pass up). I had never even considered this before, I guess every house I've purchased in the past has just happened to be after the last statement was issued. I suppose this is just a legacy of the old days when I wanted to reduce the amount of paperwork...but these days everything is digital so it should no longer matter if I receive it monthly. Every time I do this I get better at it, part of the learning experience! It's such an easy thing to tighten up, for general preparedness sake, that I recommend everyone does this.

Last edited:
Which bank? Some bank can generate this automatically online for you, or can't you just download the transaction history for the month?

Which bank? Some bank can generate this automatically online for you

Macbank. They can only do it on the spot if it's a statement they've already issued in the past, and you're just wanting a reissue. If you're changing the parameters of the report (i.e. from half yearly to monthly) then they do it in batches and can't be done on the fly. I tried every possible angle on the phone and they said A) it must be done over night, B) in batches, and C) they have to physically mail it out.

Only after a lot of begging were they able to bend on C - they said they would email it to me once generated...but I'd have to wait until the next business day:(

or can't you just download the transaction history for the month?

AMP won't accept it apparently. They want the proper statement.

As a broker we get this all the time and I have never really had a problem. You should get an original statement plus an internet transaction history with an account number on it. They will be able to match ownership by account numbers.

As a broker we get this all the time and I have never really had a problem. You should get an original statement plus an internet transaction history with an account number on it. They will be able to match ownership by account numbers.

What about AMP? Have you had this happen with them?

Ours with RAMS are 6 monthly also, very painful. With monthly payments the monthly statements will be one or two lines

You can't log in and check all types of accounts online either with RAMS

Back