Notice period in Qld

Can some tell me what notice we have to give a tenant on a fixed lease in Qld if we sell the property. The possible buyer wants vacant possession.

This is a strange one : the next door neighbor has been having an ongoing battle with our tenant, so they have asked me if we will sell our IP to them privately.

I don't want to ask our PM as at this stage I don't want the tenant getting wind of it.

Mystery

On a fixed term tenancy you cannot give them any notice. If the tenants want to stay until the end of their lease they are totally within their rights. We have generally tried to offer the tenant a carrot in this situation i.e moving cost etc. Good luck! :)

If you want the tenant to move at the end of a fixed lease, my understanding is that you have to give them notice 60 days before the end of the lease that you will not be offering renewal.
Marg

Looks like the answer has already been covered, but this website is always a good help:

http://www.rta.qld.gov.au/giving_the_correct_notice.cfm

When a lessor/agent gives a notice to leave

The minimum notice period a lessor/agent must give a tenant if they want them to leave when giving a notice to leave (form 12) is:

* seven (7) days for unremedied rent arrears
* 14 days for an unremedied breach
* seven (7) days for non-compliance with a QCAT order
* the same day for non-livability
* two (2) months for compulsory acquisition
* four (4) weeks for a sale contract signed when the tenants are on a periodic agreement
* two (2) months without grounds (no reason) under a periodic agreement
* two (2) months or the end of the term (whichever is later) without grounds under a fixed term agreement.

Back