NRAS dead?

The only few talking it up are those selling the stock. Savvy investors with no ties to the scheme who swear by it as a brilliant investment are very few and far between.

This scheme was as successfully as the government that implemented it.

I can't believe developers were able to charge a premium for property with NRAS attached.

and it's goooone

http://www.budget.gov.au/2014-15/content/bp2/html/bp2_expense-21.htm

The Government will achieve savings of $235.2 million over three years by not proceeding with Round 5 of the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS). Funding for incentives from earlier rounds that are uncontracted or not used within agreed timeframes will be returned to the Budget. Funding for tenanted NRAS properties is not affected.

Bugger there goes my round 5 applications.

Round 5 is gone. Round 4 is still alive.... and lets not forget, the Budget last night is not law yet. Now the wheeling and dealing between the political parties begins.

Round 5 is gone. Round 4 is still alive.... and lets not forget, the Budget last night is not law yet. Now the wheeling and dealing between the political parties begins.

And you can still pick up a resale unit that was bought with an earlier round allocation too.

I still like the scheme, I think it's a good idea. I don't like some of the developers that have used it or their tactics but there were still some that were fine.

And you can still pick up a resale unit that was bought with an earlier round allocation too.

I still like the scheme, I think it's a good idea. I don't like some of the developers that have used it or their tactics but there were still some that were fine.

I have been looking around for a resale unit and could not find any, any tips on searching ?
realestate.com.au , domain do not allow text search ?

The only few talking it up are those selling the stock. Savvy investors with no ties to the scheme who swear by it as a brilliant investment are very few and far between.
I am not selling stock and have no ties to developers.

I love NRAS, fits me and my strategy like a dream. All my properties valued fine, are in areas I believe are set for growth and because of NRAS are each between 7K and 20K positive cash flow a year. The added cash flow of my 5 incentives is basically what has enabled me to go from 0 IP's to 4 IP's in under 12 months. If I plug every last penny into paying my portfolio off, I can be debt free with 2.4 million dollars of property in 10.7 years, assuming no capital growth.(that's not actually going to happen but it's nice to know it is actually possible!) My strategy is set and forget as a passive investor.

It's not for everyone of course, but it works for me.

I make no claims to being a "savvy investor" though. I really wish I could call myself a "savvy investor" as that would give me a nice warm and fuzzy feeling but it's just too much work I reckon. I'm just someone with a simple strategy that should see me retire at least 20 years before the new pension age. That'll do me.

Just wondering

What of any remaining NRAS from round 4?

How long will the government continue with supporting rounds 1 to 4?

I am not selling stock and have no ties to developers.

I love NRAS, fits me and my strategy like a dream. All my properties valued fine, are in areas I believe are set for growth and because of NRAS are each between 7K and 20K positive cash flow a year. The added cash flow of my 5 incentives is basically what has enabled me to go from 0 IP's to 4 IP's in under 12 months. If I plug every last penny into paying my portfolio off, I can be debt free with 2.4 million dollars of property in 10.7 years, assuming no capital growth.(that's not actually going to happen but it's nice to know it is actually possible!) My strategy is set and forget as a passive investor.

It's not for everyone of course, but it works for me.

I make no claims to being a "savvy investor" though. I really wish I could call myself a "savvy investor" as that would give me a nice warm and fuzzy feeling but it's just too much work I reckon. I'm just someone with a simple strategy that should see me retire at least 20 years before the new pension age. That'll do me.

It seems as though you have some 'savvyness' to be able to determine your strategy, work it through and understand where it will/could get you. Have you thought about your exit strategy (or will these become regular rental properties after the scheme ends for these - sorry haven't investigated NRAS latetly). Congrats on seeing it through and making it work.

Back