Nras RTO certificates

This is the last thing put up on the DSS site and is the same letter received by Qahc end of October beginning November approx.
Hope the link opens ok

https://www.dss.gov.au/sites/defaul...4_payment_claims_are_ready_for_assessment.pdf

I got it from here in case the above doesn't open

https://www.dss.gov.au/our-responsi...ss-a-letter-sent-to-all-approved-participants

The government really is dragging things out

Cheers for the link,
Did anyone notice who it was signed off by?

Yours sincerely ,

Julie Steel
Branch manager
NRAS and Gambling

:eek:

Is there a subtle message here that having an NRAS property is a gamble ?
Or a gamble whether or not you will get paid ? :eek:

I'm filthy about this because like most of you guys I had plans for that money and I have moved money around and left myself a little short. I wish there was a phone number I could call and give them a spray. If it is January and February I'm missing out on hundreds of dollars in offset interest savings. Can we bill them for the lost money? ? Haha

Will calling them and giving them a spray get it paid faster though?
If they have a new boss who wants things done a certain way there is not much the call centre people can do about it.
I'm with Ethan properties, they have suggested going through the local member of parliament.
I agree about the billing them for interest, a person I know owes a significant amount of money to the ato, and every month they are charged interest. Don't think it's going to work back the other way though.

Yea your probably right, we're just going to have to wait it out. Calling the local MPs office might be an idea, he's probably not even aware of the problem.

It is very frustrating but not much any of us can do, lets just hope it is a one off and next year will be back to normal. This is our first year of Nras so as I understand we have to wait about a month after the certificates arrive before the state Coffs up their portion of the incentive.

Yea your probably right, we're just going to have to wait it out. Calling the local MPs office might be an idea, he's probably not even aware of the problem.

Haha having worked in Government previously - calling the relevant Minister's next to useless.

A request will be passed down to his department (which no doubt they'd already received), and some junior analyst will put together shoddy standard words that dont address the question but 'thank you for the time'!

Not sure if there's anything to do here unfortunately....except that its part of the risk we take in purchasing relatively more 'complex' assets that relies on multiple parties.

Cheers,
Redom

Ah, the dreaded yellow files. We found they actually hindered the process, as we were required to drop everything to respond to the request for that specific information, which had usually already been provided. Gotta love bureaucracy

We are with Ethan and they have said things have definitely sped up but nothing will be out before mid December. I'm thinking January mid to late due to Christmas. I really really feel for those that are struggling with the holding costs and having to use their own money especially this close to christmas :( We are lucky to have a bit of a buffer in our account that we can draw on but yes it means losing out on it sitting there offset to our loan!! Sucks but what can you do!!! I'm just looking at the positive that once this one gets paid, hopefully they will have their **** together for next year and it won't be long between incentive payments!!!!

Just had an update now looking at late January hopefully and state 3 -4 weeks later. Really think they are just holding on to the cash for their own reasons and maybe in the hope people drop out of the scheme.

Hahah yea, I don't think there's any conspiracy at all. This a direct result of incompetent government departments that require oversight and approvals for every single move they make.

I had to pull money out of my offset to pay for a whole bunch of rates, insurance, body corporate and Christmas presents. .......
Pretty disappointed.

Cheers

Any chance of them paying penalties on this delay? These delays have cost people a lot of money (and stress). They certainly charge us interest plus penalties if late on tax or pretty much anything else we need to give them. They usually dont take excuses for why we are late either and certainly wont accept an excuse of our own making (like this delay is).

I say complain in writing.

Smallbuyer

I sent an email to Wayne Swan. He is the federal MP who looks after my electorate. I gave him the low down and asked him to grip up DSS. I should get a reply next week. I'm tempted to call a solicitor and see what they can do.

February 8 and still no cash. What a joke

https://www.dss.gov.au/sites/defaul...cessing_and_issuing_of_rto_certificates_2.pdf

102 participants
95 say they are ready
92 were assessed, and 81 have problems

Does anyone seriously believe we will get paid before April?

Oh, but of course they are working to get this resolved ASAP.

I'm with Ethan and they sent me this ...

Specifically, since January 19, we have sent multiple emails seeking advice from DSS requesting clarification on 19 incentives that DSS has advised have outstanding*compliance issues that we cannot identify. Since this time we have had no*response from DSS and cannot resolve these remaining 19*incentives without their advice.

So they want to get this finalized but they don't respond to emails??

>*<<%% useless !

For those who have owned NRAS for few years, how were the payments in the past?

Also, when the state incentive going to be issued? After the Federal one is issued?

Feeling very annoyed also. Getting closer to the next finacial year and not very confident the next RTO certs will be on time either. This is the response I got below.

Through the course of the discussion regarding our January 15 submission on the initial 13 possible non compliances, we were able to achieve further confidence that all the issues identified thus far will be worked through collaboratively with the DSS and quickly resolved. We will provide a further update on Friday the 13th of February, and we will also be in touch with individual property owners if necessary regarding individual property compliance status.

Feeling very annoyed also. Getting closer to the next finacial year and not very confident the next RTO certs will be on time either. This is the response I got below.

Through the course of the discussion regarding our January 15 submission on the initial 13 possible non compliances, we were able to achieve further confidence that all the issues identified thus far will be worked through collaboratively with the DSS and quickly resolved. We will provide a further update on Friday the 13th of February, and we will also be in touch with individual property owners if necessary regarding individual property compliance status.

Would there be any scenario someone is found non-compliant and government refuses to pay?

For those who have owned NRAS for few years, how were the payments in the past?

Also, when the state incentive going to be issued? After the Federal one is issued?

Last year (2012-2013) we were paid the Federal in the 1st week in October 2013, and the state came about mid November 2013

Strategy for those waiting.....

1. Lodge ITR without claiming the offset. Due to neg gearing this provides immediate benefits; then
2. When offset cert is issued lodge an amended return for the extra refund amount.

I'm recommending this to many clients

Back