NSW Central Coast

ettalong

Yes they may uave developed Ettalong quite a bit.

Have u been there lately ...the town is dead

The locals affectionate name for it is death valley.

Boring still water shot ...:rolleyes:

......sigh......

Not at Toukley , but looking west from Toukley at sunset , the view would be pretty similar.

This was taken from our verandah at North arm Cove. Another still water costal location just north of Newcastle. Unlike a surf location , you don't need to be fit to launch a canoe , standup paddle board or a wind surfer from the back yard .

We can also put a Jetty , boat house and a ramp , which you also can't do on a non still water site , but horses for courses . If you're into surfing a different matter.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Cliff

I'm planning to drive up to CC this weekend to do some research for my IP purchase.

I realise it's a big area and not sure quite where to start.

Any tips?

Cheers,
dreamgirl

I'm planning to drive up to CC this weekend to do some research for my IP purchase.

I realise it's a big area and not sure quite where to start.

Any tips?

Cheers,
dreamgirl

Depends on what your plans are, investment goals etc?

There is a massive mix of property on the coast. Hard to start without a bit of a clearer plan.

Start where I mentioned then work your way around from there.

Wamberal house is open tomorrow 10.30 11.00am, have a chat to Agent,
and the Tumbi one is a drive by only. never know if you dont go...!

Good luck and let us know how your research went.:)

Start where I mentioned then work your way around from there.

Wamberal house is open tomorrow 10.30 11.00am, have a chat to Agent,
and the Tumbi one is a drive by only. never know if you dont go...!

Good luck and let us know how your research went.:)

Will check it out.
I don't believe I have the Wamberal address.

Investors are definitely out there on the CC.

Had one real estate agent complaining they now have more empty rentals then listings to sell. and due to this rental prices are dropping in certain area's.

I've given up looking for now on the CC, very little positive geared and if
you do find one there are many making higher offers.

Had one real estate agent complaining they now have more empty rentals then listings to sell. and due to this rental prices are dropping in certain area's.

I think that really depends on the area.

Take a look around Gosford, there are hardly any rentals available and vacancy rates are still incredibly low.

Both mine on the cc just had rent increases and the RE said mid range rentals were still in demand but not so much the high-end stuff. Cheers, Ali

Both mine on the cc just had rent increases and the RE said mid range rentals were still in demand but not so much the high-end stuff. Cheers, Ali

How much does the rent increase by?
Is it by a fix dollar amount, say $10 or by a %?

Agent told me that for mid range rental properties
1. the rental vacancy rate is very low in 2250
2. the tenant turn over rate is high, but there is no problem finding a new tenant

On the other hand, there are many high-end stuff in a newly developed area in Narara.
It costs $600k+ and rents for $700+/week.
Agent told me that it is mainly rented by executives who work in Sydney CBD.
They are hard to find but once they rent, they rent for longer period (less turnover).

Hi, one increased by $10 and the other by $15. That's been the usual each year. Re tenant changeover: we have kept the same tenants since purchase in both IPs. I think there may be high turnover in units but ours are houses, so perhaps this is the cause of the low turnover.
Re you post: I would be worried about paying that much for an IP in narara with land values so low. Good luck with your search.
Cheers Ali

Hi Coral,

Kinarra Avenue Wyoming is a pretty run of the mill street on the Central Coast - not particularly flash and not particulary shabby. Pretty standard tenant territory. It has a large bulk billing medical centre at the start of the street, at its intersection with the Pacific Highway. It is about a fifteen minute drive to Gosford train station. Many units and townhouses but currently, reasonably low vacancy.

With regards to the rp data via CBA, it says that Wyoming has had a negative 2.13% growth for units over the past twelve months. This data set also correlates with australian property monitors data set via this link.

http://www.homepriceguide.com.au/Re...&LocationType=Suburb&State=NSW&SuburbId=49622

A 420k townhouse in Wyoming would be far higher than the median price for units in this suburb which stands at 263k according to CBA rp data.

Good luck with your search - this is always the difficult bit.

Herron Todd White (via ANZ) and Propell (via St George) are valuing these townhouses at contract price. Just about everyone else; CBRE, LMW Hegney, WBP, Opteon, McMonigals, MVS etc... about 10K-20K under

Article on Gosford Central Coast:

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/...catching-the-waves-left-in-sydney-s-wake.html

Gosford now been promoted on Hotspotting along with Wollongong as a place showing strong growth.

There has been strong growth in the region for the past 12 months, this is on the back of changes in planning in the Gosford area and presenting an affordable coastal area an hour drive from Sydney.

Will like to see what uptake of development happens in the newly zoned areas on Gosford waterfront and if the relocation of ATO staff to Gosford is still going to happen.

Last edited:
Some relevant information relating to relocation of staff to Gosford area.

It is a shame there are many other regional areas been closed down, but if goes through will prove to be a good stimulant for activity in the revitalisation of Gosford City.

Govt jobs always help and will provide long term tenants in new buildings in the city.

http://jbh.ministers.treasury.gov.au/media-release/022-2014/

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/nat...-for-more-work-less-money-20140514-zrbz9.html

http://www.smh.com.au/national/publ...gional-offices-union-says-20140528-zrqjg.html

Back