NSW Central Coast

Hi China, gosford has been oversupplied with units for a very long time. They are definitely selling more quickly than they were 18 months ago and domain reports a decent price increase in 2014.

http://apm.domain.com.au/Research/?AddressLine=Gosford&LocationType=Suburb&State=NSW&SuburbId=18902

Cheers Ali

Yes been watching a few in Gosford (units) and definitely selling quickly the last few months.

Not as much stock further up the northern end.
Noticed Budgewoi rank top of the mortgagee in possessions

Yes been watching a few in Gosford (units) and definitely selling quickly the last few months.

Not as much stock further up the northern end.
Noticed Budgewoi rank top of the mortgagee in possessions

I think 6.6% plus gross rental returns seem the norm at the moment. So mostly neutrally geared properties on 100% borrowing of the purchase price.

Will this $500m Theme Park really happen? They haven't even lodged the plans yet.

I think if it happens it will end in tears. It will be the biggest white elephant / ghost town ever.

If you wish to visit China, you would go to China. Or if you cant afford overseas travel, visit Bankstown or Chatswood Why on earth would you wish to visit a tacky pseudo theme park in the middle of nowhere?

Yeah he does, I was more referring to the increase in Chinese investment in the general region.

I think its been all talk with Eaton so far , plans for the theme park , uni and
now a fancy twin apartment block at The Entrance all funded by the Chinese,
Lets wait and see a DA go in before we even start to believe his tripe.
If he was so serious why did he not get them to also pay the 17 million for land
for the airport the rate payers have now forked out , gee they could have also
paid and constructed it as well.

Lets see if I eat my words in a few years time.

I think its been all talk with Eaton so far , plans for the theme park , uni and
now a fancy twin apartment block at The Entrance all funded by the Chinese,
Lets wait and see a DA go in before we even start to believe his tripe.
If he was so serious why did he not get them to also pay the 17 million for land
for the airport the rate payers have now forked out , gee they could have also
paid and constructed it as well.

Lets see if I eat my words in a few years time.

Constructing an airport for 17 million?!? Come on, your looking at 1.7 billion for Badgery Ck. Granted this airport would not be as large, but your statement they could have paid and constructed it as well is a bit of a stretch.

I would guess several hundred million to half a billion at a minimum to construct a regional airport.

You may have to eat your words, Quantum Towers in Gosford starts construction in two months time with over 60% units now sold.

Only will take 1 or 2 significant projects to really start the ball rolling.

Actually its 600. The 1400 figure includes predicted flow-on jobs. Still, it will be good to have anything that helps restart gosford.
Cheers Ali

Hi China, I have hopes for gosford real estate for the reasons others have outlined. Namely :
Northconnex
A proactive council ( IMO this has definitely held the area back in the past)
ATO jobs promised
Possible uni in the cbd
Ripple effect from Sydney RE prices only just getting started
Baby boomers wanting to live near Sydney but not in it
solid rental demand and growth (returns still reasonable)

For disclosure I have an IP (house) in north gosford .
Cheers Ali

Hi China, I have hopes for gosford real estate for the reasons others have outlined. Namely :
Northconnex
A proactive council ( IMO this has definitely held the area back in the past)
ATO jobs promised
Possible uni in the cbd
Ripple effect from Sydney RE prices only just getting started
Baby boomers wanting to live near Sydney but not in it
solid rental demand and growth (returns still reasonable)

For disclosure I have an IP (house) in north gosford .
Cheers Ali

ATO building is among one of those DA applications, expected start on construction next year.

Finally things are looking up for the Gosford area. Been a long time coming, will be a lot of unit supply coming online over next couple of years, but with all new commercial and jobs in the CBD will be a much more attractive place for people to live.

Back