NSW Central Coast

BVale and Kvale are both Wyong Shire. And yes they are zoned for GF's.
Im pretty sure min land is less than 600. Can anybody else confirm?

Obviously corner blocks would be preferred or at least worth a bit more due to separate frontage access.
really am keen to check out the areas (Gosford and surrounding areas) once weather is cleared up.

Since last Saturday, another similar property sold for $550K and another for $520K.

When this ripple gets to the Central Coast we are in for even more growth than currently being experienced. Hold on for the ride, is all I can say.

I reckon "The ripple" is already here.

I have friends who just came up from Sydney and bought 2 GF setups at KVale recently.

Approx $100K for the GFs, a bit of renovating still to freshen up the places, and all sad about 1.2 in the hole, maybe 4-5% return, will have to see when it pans out. The CG will not happen the way they want it from a Sydney perspective.

They're still buying at the lowest interest rates and in a heated market which doesn't take much to reverse up here.

We are in the north, have experienced good CG since 2000, but it is still currently on rural time frames (15yrs) not metro (7-10yrs) even with what's happening in pockets around the coast whilst we rely on Sydney as our main hub for employment this won't change.

Unless of coarse we bridge the gap for travel, so lets pretend and fantasise about a fast train (I know god forbid I do this) but just pretend we can tap into Sydney on the back of a 30min journey, then we would become a metro hub and the supply that is about to come onto the market would get soaked up quickly and prices would go through the roof.

Like I said, fantasise ... dream, pray, whatever works ... or we need to become a mecca for employment which like I've said before needs incentives for business and industry to see as an appealing option for their future investment dollars.

Also the main question could be, What is your strategy? Your plan? and are GFs on that plan and if so what specifically do you need to make your plan/strategy happen?

Personally when I was researching GFs a few years back, it was a min size 900m2, and it had to be a corner block, these days it seems to be anything goes as long as people get it.

I found knowing what you want to eliminate and say No too is more powerful than saying yes to any and everything and the 'got to have it now' like their will be none tomorrow perspectives.

I'm looking more North of the Central Coast, Lake Munmorah will boom soon because they re building a new shopping centre and cinema on the highway and it's only 1 hour from Sydney.

I'm looking more North of the Central Coast, Lake Munmorah will boom soon because they re building a new shopping centre and cinema on the highway and it's only 1 hour from Sydney.

More like 1.5 hours then add plenty more for peak hour, takes me 1hour 10min from woy woy before peak at 6am to north ryde

I doubt it, Lake Munmorah is no where near the Pacific Motorway, M1, formally known as F3 which is what you would be looking at, it's next to the Pacific Highway sure, depending on where you buy in LM. Had some stuff up there back in 2008-2012, personally I will never go back, took forever to move.

Be careful of the trap on the Central Coast when looking at vacancy rates too, we have a lot of suburbs in the 2259 and the vacancy rate of around 1% specifically applies to Hamilyn Terrace, Woongarrah, Warnervale region. To give you an idea here are the suburbs 2259 which LM is in covers.

http://www.postcodes-australia.com/postcodes/2259

Now look on any map and you will see 2262 and 2263, San Remo, Lake Haven, Blue Haven etc breaking up the 2259 postcode.

Morisset is the one growing at the moment, but be careful of over supply as a lot of new H & L is being brought to market over the next couple of years, and it is within the Lake Macquarie borders which up here means everything.

More like 1.5 hours then add plenty more for peak hour, takes me 1hour 10min from woy woy before peak at 6am to north ryde

As for travel, from Warnervale going to wyong train station, to get the right train to Sydney is heading closer to 1:45 min++ each way when all is said and done, and anyone who has travelled knows Fridays are a special gift with more delays than I care to count.

I have a friend who travels from San Remo and because of the poor public transport services, it takes almost 2.5hrs ++ to get to Woolloomooloo one way.

Lake Munmorah is further out then what a map will show you and when you visit the area you will probably be travelling in off peak and still will be surprised by the journey.

Be careful of the real estate agents hype if your ever talking to them when they potentially suggest as an incentive "it's only an hour from sydney" and "close to major shopping centres"

I'm not an expert on insurance either, but I would bet the premiums for fire protection have been upped considerably since the fires went through and caused serious damage.

Hope this helps..

I have been studying Lake Munmorah the last month or so and went up there a few times.
Omg you can't say this Northern part of the Central Coast doesn't have potential .
The prices have been stagnant for the last few years now and it seems they are moving.
I'm still looking at buying under 300k however even under 280k and I'm waiting for the right price.
As for Real Estate agents bragging about their properties, I'm lucky to get even one of these lazy lazy agents to even give me 5 minutes of their time !!!
If they don't want to call me back why don't they just say they re too busy??

Seems they are never in their office and don't bother returning calls, so they must be selling.
This area is developing, all this area Lake Munmorah , Charmhaven. Lake haven etc is the next area I believe to house prices will go up.
but please DONT buy in those gated communities in Lake Munmorah !!!

You can't tell me that if I buy a house in Lake Munmorah for 280k it won't be worth over 300 in 2 years , of course it will be.
I will buy soon but I'm not rushing and if the agents don't care to ring me back I will just approach the owner directly.
I have decided or rather made a decision to study a area for say 6 months and ONLY that area rather than study say Tamworth broken hill etc so I decided on Lake Munmorah and with the power station closing and Woolworths cinema etc opening I think houses will definitely rise and I will see from my study .
It takes me 1 hour 20 minute from Sydney City to Lake Munmorah by car .

I have been studying Lake Munmorah the last month or so and went up there a few times.
Omg you can't say this Northern part of the Central Coast doesn't have potential .
Everything has potential, I have the potential of becoming a pet owner in the near future, I did not tell you when, if it was "potential" then anywhere you buy in the world has it.

What is your plan? your strategy? your lifestyle goals and are they in alignment with you investment goals, this will determine the speed at which your looking to build wealth and therefore what strategy you implement to try and achieve it.

I'm still looking at buying under 300k however even under 280k and I'm waiting for the right price.

Good luck, I really do mean that not sarcastically.
What sort of investment are you looking to buy and is that a part of your overall strategy.

The sub market might be, 3 bdr, 4 bdr, townhouse, duplex, new H & L, renos, granny flats, gated communites, rural properties to name a few, all with there own niche pros & cons, all grow differently due to their supply and demand, put some thought into this part of your investment strategy and you might select differently.

As for Real Estate agents bragging about their properties, I'm lucky to get even one of these lazy lazy agents to even give me 5 minutes of their time !!!

Seems they are never in their office and don't bother returning calls, so they must be selling.
This area is developing, all this area Lake Munmorah , Charmhaven. Lake haven etc is the next area I believe to house prices will go up.
but please DONT buy in those gated communities in Lake Munmorah !!!
That's life, something you get use too in this game. They will probably try to be your best friend in about three years.

You can't tell me that if I buy a house in Lake Munmorah for 280k it won't be worth over 300 in 2 years , of course it will be.
Sure I can, many factors will be at play and of coarse the economy has to stall a bit, interest rates will rise, investment dollars will dry up, and peoples fears will set in, developments you had pinned your hopes on get put on the back burner, new estates pause and start to offer discounts, your precious CG will stall, let's not forget you do this so you get CG so you can use the equity to rinse and repeat, the valuations will get creamed in this scenario.

I can also say your right as well, it potentially goes up $20K in two years, only if the valuers think so, not just because we want it too or because we can all speculate, what's your plan and is it in alignment with your goals?

I have decided or rather made a decision to study a area for say 6 months and ONLY that area rather than study say Tamworth broken hill etc so I decided on Lake Munmorah and with the power station closing and Woolworths cinema etc opening I think houses will definitely rise and I will see from my study .
It takes me 1 hour 20 minute from Sydney City to Lake Munmorah by car .
What and how you experience Lake Munmorah or any suburb as an investor will be completely opposite to the owner occupier/tenant experience. We are just visitors.

This works for some, I use to do it a long time ago, now I like to have a broad match and narrow down from there based on whatever criteria matches my plan and goals moving forward.

You will limit yourself from abundant opportunities everywhere if you do this and what if it doesn't pan out, you have no strategy, no plan to successfully get an IP asap because you will need to study another suburb in the same way, before you know it 10 years will pass.

Hope this helps ..

The prices have been stagnant for the last few years now and it seems they are moving.

I have the opposite with a couple of agents up there. A couple of them won't stop calling me and they send property lists when a new property pops up.

Well thats great Brian but i am going up there on my days off from work so i dont have a lot of time so they need to be available when i tell them.
Sorry but i found all of them have excuses of some sort.

Last Tuesday i was up there i has fish and chips on the highway.
There was a storm there and i walked up and diwn Queens Road to meet residents cleaning up who thought i was a insurance assessor because i had my camera.
I met some very very nice residents at Queens Rd Lake Munmorah about 10 people actually who told me there were at keast two houses in their street possibly one is a deceased estate and will take 250k but i couldnt find any for sale signs and so i will try to find the owner.
The people are very nice and i have stopped knocking on the doors there due to dogs biting etc

I have the opposite with a couple of agents up there. A couple of them won't stop calling me and they send property lists when a new property pops up.

Hey Brian, why don't you PM Starofdavid with the agents who appear to be proactive with you to help him optimise his time in the area.

He's doing the right things, just needs a little inside help in the area.

Food for thought :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starofdavid View Post

:confused: 20k growth in 2 years, if thats what your months worth of research has shown you i think it might be time to look elsewhere.

Well thats great Brian but i am going up there on my days off from work so i dont have a lot of time so they need to be available when i tell them.
Sorry but i found all of them have excuses of some sort.

Last Tuesday i was up there i has fish and chips on the highway.
There was a storm there and i walked up and diwn Queens Road to meet residents cleaning up who thought i was a insurance assessor because i had my camera.
I met some very very nice residents at Queens Rd Lake Munmorah about 10 people actually who told me there were at keast two houses in their street possibly one is a deceased estate and will take 250k but i couldnt find any for sale signs and so i will try to find the owner.
The people are very nice and i have stopped knocking on the doors there due to dogs biting etc

Maybe its a block of land they are referring to for $250k.

I noticed that springfield seems has better price, What's the reason?

Parts of Wyoming have some Housing Commission as do some parts of Springfield. Some parts of Springfield have water views back over East Gosford. Springfield is also closer to Terrigal Beach than say Wyoming.

Parts of Wyoming have some Housing Commission as do some parts of Springfield. Some parts of Springfield have water views back over East Gosford. Springfield is also closer to Terrigal Beach than say Wyoming.

So is it good or not to buy a IP there? the position is good, and the potential?

Back