NSW: Dean Park vs Shalvey?

Hi tess85.. All of the above!
Basically the whole shebang when deciding on a good purchase.. just want to see what ppl think about these 2 suburbs if they are going to choose where to get an IP. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

which one would you prefer to buy an IP.. Dean Park or Shalvey?

If it has to be a choice between those two, then Dean Park.

Last 15 years CG data shows that from 1995 to 2004 they tracked each other pretty closely until 2004. In the last 5 years Dean Park has well out-performed Shalvey.

I was also going to suggest Dean Park is better than Shalvey and its surrounding suburbs socioeconomically... being closer to QH while Shalvey is more Mt Druitt area.

i would pick Dean Park over Shalvey.
Thats from "on the ground" feel of the two suburbs, as I have looked at buying in both in the past.

Thanks for your insights guys! so it's Dean Park hands down... and good point there komstak. I didn't know about that development.

Thanks for your insights guys! so it's Dean Park hands down... and good point there komstak. I didn't know about that development.

The new Stonecutters Ridge golf estate is also just at the back of Dean Park. I would assume prices at Dean Park would somehow improve after the golf course's completion. It's just a few minutes walk to the golf course!

The new Stonecutters Ridge golf estate is also just at the back of Dean Park. I would assume prices at Dean Park would somehow improve after the golf course's completion. It's just a few minutes walk to the golf course!

Agree there D - I thought the same :)
David

OK - so we're all agreed that this week-end we're off to buy a property in Dean Park...........let's not do to Dean Park what we did to Frankston :rolleyes:

Well......just to throw a spanner in the works I'm going to somewhat disagree.

Dean Park is made up of a similar demographic to Shalvey. I think both suburbs should be looked at from a street to street perspective. There are some shocking places in Shalvey, AND some nice ones too. If comparing apples to apples, then Dean Park could perform better, but if we are comparing a really crappy street in Dean Park to a private area in Shalvey that has mainly good tenants/owners I know which I would prefer. Whether you are living there, or renting, you don't want to be situated next door to the local drug dealers or gang leaders.

I would look at everything in the deal before choosing which property would be best.

Back