Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Liberal

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Green

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
As everyone knows this weekend is the NSW state election. It looks like the incumbent Labor is going to be hammered and lose a lot of seats.

As im normally a Labor voter, i find it hard to vote for them as they have been a joke for years. I cant bring myself to vote conservative so i'll probably be voting green. Looks like my seat will be a green seat.

Anyway, for NSW forum members (anonymous) who are you voting for?

Unless your seat actually fell to the Greens, it makes no difference who you put as your number 1 (if it's not already Labor or Liberal).

At the end of the day, the question is, will you preferece ALP first or Liberal first. Your preference choice is effectively your Vote 1 decision.

Then your choice is between Greens and ALP. In other words, it's like having no choice. Greens = extreme version of ALP = no difference.

I figure voting for Greens is basically voting for Labor anyway these days, which is one of the reasons I won't support them.

Be interesting to see how it pans out.

already voted as we're away on the weekend ... doing an early vote was soooo easy i might do it that way every time regardless.

hurrah - the bs political ads ceased at midnight. yay!

Some blurb from GetUp.org.au re: voting this weekend

In the Upper House, the balance of power could be decided by just a few hundred votes, and extreme candidates like Pauline Hanson, Fred Nile and the Shooters Party could end up with the balance of power.

Why? Because the NSW voting system means that millions of votes don't actually count toward the final tally of who gets elected! In NSW, your vote can actually 'expire'. If you don't allocate preferences, and your first preference candidate doesn't get elected, you have no say at all in the final count. That's why it's important to indicate multiple preferences.

Do your friends and family know this? Don't let them waste their vote. Check out our fun video below explaining how to make your vote count - and pass it on to your friends and family before Saturday:

www.getup.org.au/campaign/NSWElection

At the last NSW election, over half of the votes for minor parties exhausted before the final count. That can allow extreme candidates like Pauline Hanson, Fred Nile and the Shooters Party to get elected, and even gain the balance of power -- even if they receive as little as 1-2% of the vote.

We know their agenda. If elected, they'll roll back environmental protections, prevent action on climate change, put women's reproductive rights at risk and undermine the conditions and rights of workers.

To make sure your vote counts on Saturday, put a "1" next to your favourite candidate above the line - but preference other candidates also. The more preferences you indicate, the greater the chance your vote will count - and in a race this close, every vote matters.

I voted "other" for the seat of wollongong this election. Usually vote one of the mainstream parties but this time an independant will be getting my vote as I can bring myself to vote completely against my beliefs and my blood doesn't run green.............Theres a great chance the indepedant will get up if he can out poll the other hope standing against the current incumbent.

green all the way here, can't stand any politicians really, maybe Pauline Hanson would be another option. :) id pick that woman for Labour if I had to select one of the top two, only because she looks better on screen than that bloke from Liberal, not to mention I hate anything Liberal, John Howard, Abbot and all the other capitalist pigs and pro nuclear greedy uranium selling whores.

If elected, they'll roll back environmental protections, prevent action on climate change, put women's reproductive rights at risk and undermine the conditions and rights of workers.

That sounds absolutely spot-on. I wish we had candidates to vote for that would do that.

I hate anything Liberal, John Howard, Abbot and all the other capitalist pigs and pro nuclear greedy uranium selling whores.

You must be a green voter. That is a most impressive collection of labels. Greens seem to be red-hot at label throwing.

I'd be proud to wear all those labels - and more.

C'mon, you can do better, chuck us all a few more labels.

sorry, but what are you on about? :confused:

You for real?

At the end of the day you either vote Labor or Liberal. Even if you vote some mickey mouse independent, the vote will end up in one camp or another either through preferences or minority govts like now.

Surely someone of your intelligence worked that out years ago. Or did you think the Greens will one day form Government?

green all the way here, can't stand any politicians really, maybe Pauline Hanson would be another option. :) id pick that woman for Labour if I had to select one of the top two, only because she looks better on screen than that bloke from Liberal, not to mention I hate anything Liberal, John Howard, Abbot and all the other capitalist pigs and pro nuclear greedy uranium selling whores.

Capitalist pigs? Well you can always prove you're not one by giving your house to me for free.

- You are against Capitalism, but run a business spruiking the benefits of building private wealth through property? :confused:

- You would pick a candidate based on looks... wow that speaks volumes in itself.

- here we go nuclear hysteria, i'm going to make an assumption that your entire house does not run on solar panels and wind generators and that you don't complain about the cheap prices you buy things for which are from country's who rely on nuclear energy.

You sir are a hypocrite and your comments should automatically expel you from making further comment in this thread

green all the way here, can't stand any politicians really, maybe Pauline Hanson would be another option. :) id pick that woman for Labour if I had to select one of the top two

You don't mean weed when you say green do you :p.

How can you be undecided on which of the two extremes to vote for :confused:.

In the Upper House, the balance of power could be decided by just a few hundred votes, and extreme candidates like Pauline Hanson, Fred Nile and the Shooters Party could end up with the balance of power.

. That can allow extreme candidates like Pauline Hanson, Fred Nile and the Shooters Party to get elected, and even gain the balance of power -- even if they receive as little as 1-2% of the vote.

We know their agenda. If elected, they'll roll back environmental protections, prevent action on climate change, put women's reproductive rights at risk and undermine the conditions and rights of workers.

Hopefully Pauline Hanson will get the votes to get back into politics.
Is she a bit extreme, yeah sure, but no more extreem than the greeens, so she provides a good counter balance.

As im normally a Labor voter, i find it hard to vote for them as they have been a joke for years. I cant bring myself to vote conservative so i'll probably be voting green. Looks like my seat will be a green seat.
:eek:
I feel sorry for you.
I'd normally vote Liberal but as I don't want 1 party to have too much power or for the greens to have control, I'll vote labour

Reactions: BV
Back