NSW new home owners grant for 2nd property

I am buying two lands and planning to build. Just found out from OSR website that NSW new home owners grant of $5000 be availed only once in a financial year.

http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/grants/nhg/faq

By setting up a trust or company, could it be possible to avail the grant for the second property?

Look for the relevant legislation.

But for a one off $5k saving would you be willing to pay land tax every year at 1.6% pa with a trust?

Look for the relevant legislation.

But for a one off $5k saving would you be willing to pay land tax every year at 1.6% pa with a trust?

Thanks Terry. I know there is not much savings but if the plan is to build and sell quickly probably there could be some saving and leverage the flexibility of the trust?

Thanks Terry. I know there is not much savings but if the plan is to build and sell quickly probably there could be some saving and leverage the flexibility of the trust?

Land tax could still be an issue if you hold the land even for one year - 31Dec is the date.

NSW legislation excludes a trust. Only a human may own a "home"...Actually the leg'n refers to a "residence". Only a person/people can reside.

NSW legislation excludes a trust. Only a human may own a "home"...Actually the leg'n refers to a "residence". Only a person/people can reside.

I got one of my clients the $5000 grant for a property owned by a trust - a few years ago now however.

Back