NSW Storms

Hi all,

As the weather moves south towards Sydney region today how did everyone fare in the Newcastle area? I both live and invest in Newcastle and came out reasonbly well compared to what I've seen around and online. Lost power for about 15hrs at my girlfriends place and my IP in Waratah West lost a good part of a boundary fence. My work has been shut down and there's a big clean up ahead.

Dan

We're in Bali at the moment , but it sounds as though north arm cove coped it . Two blocks one side , tree down onto car , two blocks the other way , large gum tree leaning over .

Apparently the power cable has been ripped off the facade of our place . Could be worse

Oh well . It's nice and sunny at the mirage grand in Nusa Dua .

Cliff

Hi all,

As the weather moves south towards Sydney region today how did everyone fare in the Newcastle area? I both live and invest in Newcastle and came out reasonbly well compared to what I've seen around and online. Lost power for about 15hrs at my girlfriends place and my IP in Waratah West lost a good part of a boundary fence. My work has been shut down and there's a big clean up ahead.

Dan

My property was damaged in yesterday's storm. I have started a thread here about that: http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108132

We're fine, thank heavens no damage given the house is on the market. Daycare & work cancelled yesterday, but both back today, although my son's FDC was operating without power. My parents are still without power, they live at the lake. as are still 10s of 1000s of other people. A 3m x 3m roller door blew off across the road yesterday, fortunately it didn't do any damage. About 2 blocks away 2 fig trees came down & a number of cars crushed under them.

Feeling quite lucky we escaped unscathed given the damage around the place.

Waiting for it to be blamed on CC.

Commiserations to those with losses, thoughts are with you, as we have been there done that in the past on the Central Coast.

But thats life and a reminder that insurance premiums be paid on time.

Change of seasons is always volatile. Heat meeting cold. They clash.

We live in Sydney near the parts that were on the news tonight. I know the guy that was on channel 7 news who was paddling down the road in his tinny lol.

Alot of streets around my area are closed.

We were lucky, branches off trees but none hit the house, massive clean up though all around Port Stephens.

No flooding in the eastern parts of PS, drains are full and the paddocks are wet but we don't have any big rivers unlike Raymond Terrace which is on the junction of 3.

We only have one servo open, hope they don't run out of fuel :)

My home in Sydney had a minor leak onto tiled flooring.

IP in Newcastle is over a month behind in rent, no feedback on any storm damage yet. Hoping to get them out asap. First time to go through the process so good chance to learn.

Southern end Lake Macquarie got a bit of a beating.
Just got power on after 24 hours , water was off for 8 hours after trees ripped
up the mains , two homes nearby server damage from trees falling.
Lake water is up but not as much as last time (Pasha Bulka).
Have had just on 300mm here the last two days.

We got over 200mm in 40 hours ... but that's why farmers build their homes on the top of the hill!

Rain doesn't worry us - but the wind was pretty scary with some gums near the house (that will now be removed when the tree guy isn't so busy).

Only one tree down - lots of branches dropped - stock and produce and fencing all safe - no loss of power - warm fire - bottle (or three) of wine - we were blessed. Unlike others who are still without power 3 days later and the big Coles that had to toss their entire cold section.

Our properties in Lake Macquarie (Morisset way) have been without power since Tuesday. Must be rearly hard for the 90,000 homes to manage for such an extended period of time.

I had a few people from interstate and even one bloke from overseas emailing me about the storm. I sent them this pic of the damage at my house in Marrickville - inner west.

Attachments

• storm.jpg
    storm.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 78
Back