Nsw tenancy legislation question re access to house

My tenant was on a fixed term lease which expired and then went to a 'continuation' lease. Not sure if Im using the correct terminology there but basically they have given me a months notice.

What is the law regarding access i.e. to show prospective tenants the house. Is there a rule regarding this. The PM is suggesting that the existing tenant does not have to allow access until 2 weeks prior to her vacate date. Is this correct?

thanks

They are only required to give you 21 days notice and yes if they are difficult they only need to allow viewings 14 days prior to vacating. If they have given you 1 mth notice I am surprised they wont let you in to show earlier?:eek:

Which state is your IP in? In VIC when the tenant is on a periodic lease (or month to month) they are required to give 28 days notice and they don't have to allow access until their last 2 weeks of tenancy. Generally if you call them and ask really nicely they let you in early though. I think I have had 2 tenants in the last 6 years refuse me early access :).

Back