Nundah, Chermside, Zillmere and surrounding Inner North Brisbane

Just wondering if anyone looking to buy in the area... And to people who own property in there, what are they thinking about the prospect of the property...

Just wondering if anyone looking to buy in the area... And to people who own property in there, what are they thinking about the prospect of the property...

I've got a property in Zillmere which has gone up from $280K to $450K plus in 4 years. Very happy with my investment. All the areas mentioned will do well in the long term as they are close to town with good shopping and infrastructure. Nundah and Chermside are both very popular areas where there is a lot of development going on.

I am looking to buy an IP around the area sometimes soon. Currently focusing on Chermside West and Aspley. Went there last December and I just love the environment in these suburbs. Peacefully quiet with bird chirping in the morning, and yet close to everything, parks, schools, child care, RSL, library, sports club and that huge Westfield shopping centre in nearby Chermside. The area definitely has the whole package.

I have a IP in Banyo, which is right next to Virginia. Its in a similar area, but when I was buying I tried to avoid Zillmere, as there was alot of dodgy areas and it was going to be my PPOR for 12 - 18months. I bought for $260k in Nov 05, and currently values @ $400k :D

Ben

Nice work Ben! My gf too bought an IP (old crappy timber home) near Banyo in Nundah 7 years ago for 150k (she thought that she had offered too high that time...) Last November it was revalued at 570k by the bank! As it is zoned LMR, My gf is looking to demolish the current house and build a couple of townhouses on it. Simply makes me jealous.

For Zillmere, the suburb may look dodgy. Then again its house prices are way too low comparing to nearby suburbs. The median house price for Zillmere right now is only 340k... Too low for a suburb only 12 km from the CBD...

For Zillmere, the suburb may look dodgy. Then again its house prices are way too low comparing to nearby suburbs. The median house price for Zillmere right now is only 340k... Too low for a suburb only 12 km from the CBD...

Zillmere used to be dodgy with many housing commission properties. A lot of these have now been sold to owner occupiers. By the way, it is just about impossible to get any house for 340K. Where did you get that figure from?

My moderate Zillmere property had a bank valuation of $440K about 6 months ago so should be worth at least $450K now. In the same street a house sold for about $460K recently. Others in the immediate area have sold for over $420K.

I think that Zillmere will be a hot suburb soon with great infrastructure, moderate prices and close to town.

I agree Nth Brisbanite. In fact anwhere around Kedron/Chermside is a winner for a couple of reasons. There are major transport upgrades happening in the area with the north/south bypass tunnel nearby etc. I have also read that there are plans to transform Chermside into a sattelite CBD (more than it is now) and its just a really good area as well with strong growth in both rents and property prices.

Another area to look at is around Redbank Plains / Springfield on the southside as there is also a lot of transport infrastructure being rolled out there, a lot of industrial development and also plans to develop a large CBD in that area as well.

Cheers, Bretto

I am looking to buy an IP around the area sometimes soon. Currently focusing on Chermside West and Aspley. Went there last December and I just love the environment in these suburbs. Peacefully quiet with bird chirping in the morning, and yet close to everything, parks, schools, child care, RSL, library, sports club and that huge Westfield shopping centre in nearby Chermside. The area definitely has the whole package.

I used to live in Stafford Heights (sort of next to Chermside West), and still own the property there as an IP. Everything you say is true but my only reservation about the area is that it does not have easy access to the train line. I would prefer Nundah over Chermside for that reason. I think traffic in Brisbane is going to get much worse than it currently is, and I think being close to a train station (for commuting to the city) will be an advantage (IMHO).

John.

I would love to buy in Nundah as my gf had... Now prices are just crazy in that suburb. 450k would only get you a crappy old house in a lousy street.

I used to live in Stafford Heights (sort of next to Chermside West), and still own the property there as an IP. Everything you say is true but my only reservation about the area is that it does not have easy access to the train line. I would prefer Nundah over Chermside for that reason. I think traffic in Brisbane is going to get much worse than it currently is, and I think being close to a train station (for commuting to the city) will be an advantage (IMHO).

John.

Yeah now we also should erase our mindset to purchase from Go Gecko =p

:D:D:D
Our offices generally have a high market share of listings and therefore naturally generate high levels of buyer enquiry.

Of course everyone at Somersoft would complete their thorough research and be excellent negotiators, but we'd welcome your enquiry at Go Gecko nevertheless :D;)

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

Back