OASIS Property Buyers

Hi,
I am thinking to buy property in Brisbane with the help of BA (OASIS Property Buyers). I tried to find reviews about them online using various search engines and somersoft threads but was not successful.

I was told they have totally different way i.e. preferences of identifying properties in fixed suburbs close to CBD. And they are predicting that growth in Brisbane Property market will be much better than other capital cities.

I will appreciate if I could get some views/reviews (good or bad) about OASIS BA and the future growth prospect for Brisbane in comparison to other capital cities
Thanks
Regards
Tracey

I've had initial email exchanges with Oasis and did get a good first impression to appoint them as my BA however, we were rescheduled twice by them saying they have prior commitments to have a meeting.
The third time when on the day of the meeting I emailed asking whether there was car park in the building, got a response that they can't meet that day since they have a contract to settle.
I mean if you really have to make a client suffer to have initial meetings, good luck getting new clients going forward.

That's the point turned us off towards Oasis.
They haven't bothered to apologize however did email requesting us to have another meeting.
You can guess what our verdict would've been after.

Thanks for your reply.
May be I was lucky in that and we had two telephone meeting , and now everything is on my side i.e. to hire them or not. Yes, I am impressed with their book, reason to buy in Brisbane instead of Sydney and property selection strategy.
But some of the time ground reality is different. I haven't seen any thread or comment from their side on this somersoft platform, and also was unable to find a suitable reference for them, by anybody.
So this is the only reason I am trying to find if I could get some reference/reviews/views about their services on ground.

Hi Tracy

I had a meeting with oasis property and liked their approach towards property investment. I am still making up my mind while evaluating different BAs.

Have you formally engaged Oasis property or still shopping around

Thanks
umer

I have no experience with Oasis and looking at the website I assume is theirs they appear fair dinkum in my mind - simply because they disclose their services and fees pretty clearly.

Having said this the devil is always going to be in the detail, so make sure you read everything in detail and potentially get some legal advice as well to make sure that whatever you sign is what you expected.

One to thing to get absolute clarity on is that there is no seller commission to them - unless it is disclosed fully. If there is, then I would think twice about proceeding - after all, if they are being paid by both seller and buyer who are they really representing properly?

The only thing I didn't particularly like about their website is the theme that you are not capable of doing the job yourself. I personally find this approach a little condescending and perhaps designed to introduce some doubt into the mind of a buyer when it may not be justified at all.

The reality is that no one knows how a particular property will perform and if they did they wouldn't need to operate a BA business as they would simply get rich buying these guaranteed properties. Thus their "total different way" is quite irrelevant in my mind.

Finally the convenience of having everyone under the same roof (BA, Conveyance, Finance and PM) is no doubt convenient - but it is a double edged sword - again, how do you know you are getting the best value for money and the best service?

By the way, I have no reason to doubt Oasis, as I said they seem fair dinkum - I'm merely giving another perspective.

Back