Obama meets Abbott

THE Oval Office, Washington. June 2014:

Presidential aide: ?The Australian Prime Minister is here Mr President.?

Tony Abbott: (grins) ?Asubuhi nzuri Mr Rais.??

Barack Obama: ?I beg your pardon Prime Minister??

TA: ?Aaarrr ? it?s Swahili Mr President ? good morning you know? Just thought I?d break the ice with some native lingo ? ah ? ah ? your old man being African and all. Even got to dust off some of my old schoolboy parlez-vous Francais for the frog kiddies back in Europe.?

BO: ?It?s fine Mr Abbott. We speak perfectly good English here. And you can call me Barack.?

TA: ?And you can call me ?sir? ? just joking, Queen?s birthday you know. (winks) That?s Dame Peta in the corner pretending to look exasperated, isn?t that right luv??

BO: ?I see. How was your meeting with [International Monetary Fund chief] Christine Lagarde??

TA: ?I will not be lectured on economics and climate change by that woman; I will not.?
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...a-mr-tony-abbott/story-fnihsr9v-1226948606450

For a good laugh read the whole linked article.

That's strange, as great comedy mostly comes from factual things and made light of for the truth behind it.

I dont get a laugh out of this at all as it's not true..:confused:

Seems a bit childish really.

It's a send-up!
I cracked up with this one - :p

TA: "Mate what the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that Jesus knew there was a place for everything and it is not necessarily everyone's place to go to the doctor."

Thanks for the laughs, Ed!:D

So that is your response to the commission into Union corruption...that you love it because "shik" happens....?

No wonder this country is going under when this sort of attitude abounds.

It is for a laugh. Don't take everything too seriously. Laugh a little, live a little, enjoy life.

So that is your response to the commission into Union corruption...that you love it because "shik" happens....?

No wonder this country is going under when this sort of attitude abounds.

Hang on a sec The Fence. I love it cause it ridicules Abbott.

Abbott should apologise for saying "shik happens". He never did, that's bad, real bad...it's a reflection of his character.

There's a lot more corruption in this country than just what happened in the unions.

This country is far from going under.

Great link weg, many thanks for that reality check as opposed to the fantasy ridden, agenda driven, untruthful ridiculing of tony abbott on here.

These cartoons that some folks seem to get a laugh out of are stooping to the lowest of lows IMHO.:rolleyes:

But wait for it...they will declare "oh...it's only having fun..."..:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Mate, just stop reading this thread and leave people alone to have a laugh.

You've made your point. Once is enough. Now go away.

By the way, I'm a Liberal voter and also thought the 'Happy' video was awesome.

BR

Labor supporters are no different. If it was an article about... who's the Labor leader these days? Then they would be all offended, too.

Whatever the persuasion, there are always people who cannot see the humour directs against their own point of view or people they support, and people who can.

However, as a non coalition supporter, I didn't find the opening post especially funny.

There have been other posts, directed against Abbott, Rudd or Gillard, which have been funny.

I find Clarke and Dawe funny no matter who they parody.

Attachments

• John_Clarke.jpg
    John_Clarke.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Bryan_Dawe.jpg
    Bryan_Dawe.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 45
Whatever the persuasion, there are always people who cannot see the humour directs against their own point of view or people they support, and people who can.

I find Clarke and Dawe funny no matter who they parody.

True on both points Geoff. I haven't seen Clarke and Dawe in a long time, but remember they were always good for a laugh.

Back