Ocean Reef, Perth WA

Marina

No not yet however it does take ages due to $$$, planning and preparation for the tree huggers. We have a property in Frankston Victoria and they are also planning to build a marina..same thing..taking ages :cool:

Good news: Ocean reef multi million dollar Marina progressing and wont be too long before work begins, noting government support Woohooo :)

See Latest news: THE Ocean Reef marina is a step closer to fruition after the State Government contributed $100,000 to project study costs on Friday (2nd July 2010).

http://joondalup.inmycommunity.com.au/news-and-views/local-news/-Marina-a-step-closer/7560985/

It's something, but 100k doesn't go very far... be lucky to get an environmental study out of that.

In the early years of building my portfolio, when I looked for area's where the govt is injecting money, the amount had to be in the multiple hundreds $millions. This is whats needed to support the kind of infrastructure improvements to enhance the area to a level where the masses sat up and took notice. And as you know when the masses take action thats what puts demand on under supply and creates CG.

$100k - ha ha. that'll pay for the function centre at the vines to discuss the issues, the environmental concerns, impact studies and oh look - is it golf time already?

it's prob to do with the native fauna issues.

there's a few underpasses being built and it was suggested that they increase the number from 2 (!) to 10 along the main entrance road.

it's prob to do with the native fauna issues.

there's a few underpasses being built and it was suggested that they increase the number from 2 (!) to 10 along the main entrance road.

Imagine that, an underpass. Wow Perth is really changing. I would have thought more sets of traffic lights would do it. :rolleyes:

Imagine that, an underpass. Wow Perth is really changing. I would have thought more sets of traffic lights would do it. :rolleyes:

5 of them in a row, none of them co-ordinated, 3 different speed zones and a multinova at the end. that'll keep em safe!

seriously what is it with traffic lights in this town? does the supplier have buddies in governemnt or something? they are so disruptive and environmentally unfriendly. forget light globes, lets ban traffic lights

Marina

It's something, but 100k doesn't go very far... be lucky to get an environmental study out of that.

Your all missing the point: This is $100k from the State Gov towards the Marina and sure it's not huge however it provides a good indication to government intent. Very positive news

Your all missing the point: This is $100k from the State Gov towards the Marina and sure it's not huge however it provides a good indication to government intent. Very positive news

Not sure that it does zebop.

100k is the kinda money that can be spent without actually committing to a project. It could be 100k spent to determine that its not feasible and hence saving them billions on completing the project.

Marina go ahead?

lol True Gorum a typical half full/half empty statement. I take it as a very good sign for the Marina :)
Its the old storey..stay with the sheep and miss the opportunity

lol True Gorum a typical half full/half empty statement. I take it as a very good sign for the Marina :)
Its the old storey..stay with the sheep and miss the opportunity

I'm already invested in the area, so I'm all for it going ahead, this "commitment" just doesn't give me much confidence is all.

I mean it may be a good sign, you're right, but this thing could (will?) take 20 years.

...like the burns mole project - too a $42bil deficit just to see something happen....

i think Ocean Reef is undervalued compared to Kallaroo / Mullalloo / Iluka / Burns. Maybe it's just the 80's houses and clinker brick?

Back