Offer on property

Hi
There is a house for rent that has been listed with a local real estate agent for about six weeks. It is a house that is asking quite a high rent for the area and I suspect that this is the reason that it is not attracting any tenants.
I would like to buy this property however I do not know whether it is appropriate or even possible. Just wondering if any forum readers could make some suggestions as to how I could proceed.
Thanks

Hello July,

Assuming the property is listed for rent and not for sale you could either ask the agent if the owner would sell, or find out who the owner is and ask them yourself. Ask the neighbours if they know who owns it, more often than not they do.

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Hi
Thanks for replying.
Would you go through the agent or try to approach them directly. I was thinking that by approaching the owners (if possible) directly the agents fees could be avoided. Depends on the owners I guess.

July, Sounds logical...I would try to locate the owner without going through the agent.

Try RPData if you can find someone with access to the Melbourne data. You could also try to track the owner through the council - someone is getting a rates notice.

Asking the neighbours is a great idea too.

Good luck,

or you can get it free from council by saying you live next door and you need to contact the owner as there fence has broken and they need to pay half

Back