Offers over in Brisbane (Logan)

Is this common in the area at the moment?

Have 2 properties im interested in

1) started with offers above a certain price a month ago. Was then reduced to offers above 30k below the original price. I feel the value is around the current asking price. The house does have an illegal above ground pool (i want it removed regardless and timber deck around the pool which is decayed). Wanting offer 15k (around 5%) below the current price (which is offers above) if the house is sold as is.

2)Recently advertised offers over a certain price. Based on other comparable properties (condition and yield and location) can only see it being worth 20k under what the agents advertised as offers above.

I know in Sydney currently this is a genuine game as multiple parties will offer over the asking price and the property is likely to be sold in a short time (not be still on the market a month later)

But does anyone know if this happening in brisbane? Or this just a tactic they trying to introduce (cant really work unless someone actually offers above the asking price)

No things really are starting to heat up.

Began around mid-2013. Started accelerating mid-2014. Now it's very noticeable. My guess is within 12 months all chances of stumbling across a bargain will be gone.

I can only speak of my own recent experience purchasing in Logan region - We bought our property for 6K less than the 'offers over' price. It had previously had the 'offers over' reduced by 10K - so we bought for 16K less than the original offers over price. We just offered what we thought it was worth and were willing to pay.

I can only speak of my own recent experience purchasing in Logan region - We bought our property for 6K less than the 'offers over' price. It had previously had the 'offers over' reduced by 10K - so we bought for 16K less than the original offers over price. We just offered what we thought it was worth and were willing to pay.

When was this?

what if i provide an extremely dumb buy?

In saying that the real estate is hopeless (never call back on missed calls - last trip to logan i didn get to see any of there houses and now waiting on the agent to call back to send an offer)

Hopefully works in my favour :)

no luck at this stage
house has a pool and agent's contract states no pool (when questioned about the pool on wednesday she mentioned the pool will be sold with the house and is my reposibility to remove or make it comply)

when emailed she replied saying the pool has been removed (dont believe her at all) but will get her to email me (ccd my solicitor as well) confirming pool and components have been removed and are off the property

no luck at this stage
house has a pool and agent's contract states no pool (when questioned about the pool on wednesday she mentioned the pool will be sold with the house and is my reposibility to remove or make it comply)

when emailed she replied saying the pool has been removed (dont believe her at all) but will get her to email me (ccd my solicitor as well) confirming pool and components have been removed and are off the property

Does it have rear access? Just clean fill it and turn it into a flower bed. Can probably even get it delivered for free.

Back