Office of State Revenue checking up on our PPOR status - anyone else?

Yesterday we received (hubby and I both sent individual letters) a letter from OSR (Qld Treasury and Trade) stating we are currently receiving a home exception on our PPOR and asking us to tick boxes if there has been a change.

I don't recall ever getting one of these before and wonder if somehow we have been flagged, or if there is a general check being done of PPORs.

Anybody else received such a letter?

Yesterday we received (hubby and I both sent individual letters) a letter from OSR (Qld Treasury and Trade) stating we are currently receiving a home exception on our PPOR and asking us to tick boxes if there has been a change.

I don't recall ever getting one of these before and wonder if somehow we have been flagged, or if there is a general check being done of PPORs.

No.

8 +PPOR in QLD.

They (all OSRs) do this from time to time. It usually performed around same time as they search other data sources to identify if the PPOR claim is a sham. eg lease records, license, electoral, rates address etc Then they send a different letter. People with PO Boxes on rates notices tend to get frequent letters. They confirm a negative vetting first then...

They do the positive vetting audit approach. They have already done prelim checking which is the negative vetting. They then close the file by having you confirm the matter to close the file. Of course a false declaration is subject to penalties.

In past the letter tends to explain the issue of ONE property between spouses etc. That issue is often encountered by the final letter eg : You both claim a different residence = fail.

I got one in NSW a few months back. They had the wrong property listed as my PPR so I called to update the details. Within a week I received a letter asking me to complete the details of all properties I have owned in the past 5 years, including buy and sell dates and evidence of the nominated property as my PPR by providing utility bills. Think I had two weeks to complete it.

I also received one for the first time this month.
Had me wondering if I'd been flagged too.
If they are doing a general check then I may have been sent the letter because the mailing address for my IPs is different to my PPOR.
Still, there was no request to follow up unless circumstances had changed.

Back