Oh Oh, An old mind collapsed near a property I've shortlisted..

Guys, I've been doing research in this property in Collingwood Park, Ipswich, QLD and going through my investigation I found that, not long ago (Apr 2008), a few streets within 1km distance from my tentative property had cracks because of an old mine in that area.

sigh.. is it worth it to do a proper check of the property from the council? or because that happened so close the price in that area will have a lot of resistance to go up in the future?

any comments?

Collingwood Park will have a negative image with the public for some years to come, I fear - regardless of whether this particular property is actually affected or not. There are plenty of other 'fish in the ocean' - I'd go and catch one of them!

Cheers
LynnH

yeah - if a mine collapsed near a property, which caused cracks, then mate - i would be looking elsewhere.

it;s like if the homes above the Northbridge tunnel strated to crack now construction is complete....would you buy there....?

Act logically not emotionally! How will you make money in property if you don't act rationally?
There are heaps of good buys at C. Park that are not undermined. Many houses especially in new areas have been DESIGNED to cope with mining issues.
Check out the Ipswich City Council website www.ipswich.qld.gov.au, enter your property details to see if mining is an issue for your site.
Contact an engineering geologist/geotechnical engineer (your civil engineer can recommend someone) for assistance if needed.
With mining issues there is usually a solution re foundation design etc. Your engineer will advise whether this should be done, or whether you should avoid the site etc.

Back