On probation - Get financing/pre-approval

Hi guys

So new job, 6 months probatin. Just wondering if anyone recently has found any names of institutions doing pre-approval financing and relatively easy to follow through financing (once property/land settled) for someone still on probation.

My previous pre-approvals have placed me well above the cost of land, but i've since moved to a better paying job (25% more pre-tax). So i should have NO issues money wise. THe issue is having now left my prior job (2.5 yrs + there) i'm on "probation".

Any suggestions? Particularly financing wise, as i've got an email for a new release of land in the coming week or two.. pretty much if your successful this weekend you get invited in the following weekend and you must have a pre-approval finance, to buy a block.....

Surely there are heaps of people new to a place, or new to a job who need to live somewhere/buy something , surely someone offers financing for probationary workers

Of course with a competitive rate and not something way higher than currently most competitive rates/products on offer?

Thank you

These days most banks are ok with probation; Normal rate and normal conditions...nothing different.

CBA, NAB, Wespac, Citibank etc... just to name a few.

Should be ok especially if you have continuity of employment, ie. similar role in a similar industry.

This is one consideration of many a lender will apply to your specific situation.

Be careful how many "pre-approvals" you rack up as this can negatively effect your credit score when you actually apply for finance.

Pre-approvals generally aren't necessary as a decent MB will have a good inclination if you are going to attain finance with out one from a bank therefore saving an extra unwanted hit on you credit file.

Agree with CBA being the go to lender for this scenario.

The amount of time you've worked in the industry and the size of your deposit will both play a strong part here.

Cheers

Jamie

As long as your credit history is clean and you have demonstrated stability in employment. It is highly recommended to get a solid pre approval from one of the major Lenders. CBA is definitely one of the best choice.

Thanks

Amine

Back