Once Site found - where to look for private town planner

Hi All,

I've found a site (still up for sale - therefore can't disclose the location yet) which i believe is big enough for sub-division. However, reading the local council DCP and LEP is very confusing and not as straight forward as i thought.

I would like to approach a private town planner that knows the local rules well.

Where can i find private town planners for that suitable location?

Yellow pages? google? is there a web site that has all the private town planners contacts specifically for that council?

I find referrals very good for this and there will be people on here who have great contacts.

Just ask - who has a great town planner which is well versed with Council ABC or even the city, ie Brisbane

Why not have a look at the applications for similar projects that have gone though succesfully in your local council, and speak to the ones who have had them go though with no dramas and engage them.

Out of interest why do you need a planner?

A good architect who has designed buildings in the area should know the rules very well.

Planners will tell you what you want to hear and will happily take your money but if you go to an architect they can usually tell you what can and cannot be done and also help you design it. They may also be in contact with surveyors and hydro engineers.

The best way to find a good architect is to find similar buildings in the area that are complete or near completion, ask council who was the architect and normally they will tell you.

Also you can ask around and go to council and ask them what can and cannot be done.

Hope that helps you out.

Back