one bedroom apartment in Perth?

for a one bedroom apartment under 400-430k in Perth CBD... anyone would consider buying this kind of properties? Lets say quarterly strata is anywhere between 500-700 which includes gym, pool and with good security access.

I do not like apartments - doesn't sound like they are actually worth the money but for some personal reasons I think I am better off living in a apartment rather than a house. But I don't want to make a decision that I will regret later!

Thanks guys.

Pls take what Im saying with a pinch of salt as I'm building some 1 and 2 bed apartments myself.

Personally I think they can be a good option but I'd stay out of the high rise cbd /eeast perth ones due to looming oversupply. Look more at ones along transport routes close to city with good floor plans, security, 3 storeys max so no lift and ideally near some sort of local amenity eg in the form of cafe strip or others

Pls take what Im saying with a pinch of salt as I'm building some 1 and 2 bed apartments myself.

Personally I think they can be a good option but I'd stay out of the high rise cbd /eeast perth ones due to looming oversupply. Look more at ones along transport routes close to city with good floor plans, security, 3 storeys max so no lift and ideally near some sort of local amenity eg in the form of cafe strip or others

Sanj, thanks. I would actually like to have a lift for security reasons...sigh. How about west perth / subi?

I do not like apartments - doesn't sound like they are actually worth the money but for some personal reasons I think I am better off living in a apartment rather than a house. But I don't want to make a decision that I will regret later!

Thanks guys.

Have you ever lived in an apartment before? Sounds like you should maybe try renting one for a bit of time first. Its a good time to pick up a rental for cheap in Perth.

Sanj, thanks. I would actually like to have a lift for security reasons...sigh. How about west perth / subi?

Lifts bring with them higher strata fees and, on occasion, maintenance issues. Also, I find that in order to justify having a lift it will usually need to be a development ofdecent size; especially in the areas you're talking about. Imo you'll experience slower capital growth in those larger developments

Subi is a suburb in decay imo and west perth I'm not a fan of.

Have you ever lived in an apartment before? Sounds like you should maybe try renting one for a bit of time first. Its a good time to pick up a rental for cheap in Perth.

thatbum I did but in some old apartments which constantly need to be repaired/maintained. my situation is a little bit different, security now comes first and I am trying to make the best decision I can among the ones I consider to be safe.

Oh wait are you the guy who just got broken into? The focus on security makes sense then.

if it's a case of security above all then I suppose a development with secure entry and then a keyfob needed to use the lift would be the most secure.

Personally I do feel a smaller development with secure entry and no lift would be very safe to, you could probably put a security screen on front door if needed too.

renting first is probably best imo, work out what you want to do without making a hasty decision

despite the latest development plans? I have always liked subi but it has been thru a rough patch and I thought it may be turning around

Personally I believe there is a bit of hope at the moment. I've heard of some commercial rents dropping up to 40%
during renegotiations which gives me hope that retail may pick up in the area and a better and more varied mix of tenants can move in and be profitable. The apartment developments will bring in younger people and more density which in turn will help with foot traffic. A big problem is the useless council and general mindless nimbys.

We'll have to wait and see but I do actually have a little bit of hope for it atm. From a lifestyle pov thoufh subi has very little going for it to justify prices apart from its proximity to almost everything. Local amenity is not what it used to be imo

I think you are much better off with some land component.

Something like these are much better value IMO:

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-ashfield-119497939

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-villa-wa-yokine-119404967

You can put in security alarms with sensors that you turn on at night while you're home and they will only go off if someone attempts entering premises. Add security locks and screens. I'm not sure whether police still offer the service but their used to be a department that would come out to your property and advise how to make your home safe as possible. Good for peace of mind.

Back