Online property research resources

Hi all,

First time poster here. I am just beginning my journal into the world of property investment, and starting to compile data for research. This will eventually be used as a reference point on potential areas to invest, and also subsequently used as a rough reference.

There are some paid services which I've come across, but they seem to be sold by each individual suburb which will become expensive really fast. Therefore I'm hoping to compile my own data across Sydney (or at least 50+ suburbs) to get a better picture.

Things I would like to get data on are things like:
population growth, crime rate, vacancy rate, and average/median rent, distance to nearest CBD etc. Plus any other information you SS veterans would recommend :)

It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone can point me in the right direction on where can I find those data. Preferably freely available online and/or recent!

Many thanks!

If your wanting to do a lot of searches, i liked Real Estate Investar.. They are quite pricey but you can search as many times as you want and it gives you all the info you need in one PDF report, saves a heap of time! The property search engine is also very powerful, you can use multiple keywords or ask it to look for properties priced x% under the median etc..

I did the trial version about 6 months ago... it costs $170ish a month but they had a deal if you dont like it within 30 days they will give you $150 back.

Myrpdata is good if your casually searching, but it can soon add up, $4.95 individual sales history, i think around $24.95 for a estimated price report with similar sales etc and $39.95 for a comprehensive report..

My recoomendations would be MYRPdata if you just browsing over a few, or if you want to sit down and study the **** out of every suburb sign up with real estate investar and do a trial, then if you want to continue, try and find a few buddys who will share the cost... I believe you can have multiple ppl logged into the same acount at once.

Hope this helps

Back