From: Les .
What happened, mate? Was it a quiet night or something ? ;^)
I had a quick read and reached a few conclusions pretty quickly.
My first conclusion was that I should send them my "sign off" ("Eschew Obfuscation") - but that thought immediately raised some questions :-
1. Would they understand the humour of it?
2. Would they understand it AT ALL, or would they banish it to the 12th percentile without a second thought, or even a double-blind retest?
3. Would they miscalibrate that my esoteric combobulations were fractionally diminished by a delta = 3.14159 .... (or worse, perhaps - gasp!!!)
Having set aside that course of action, I felt I should inform them of the fact that another (sorry, can't quote the author, but I was impressed) had already put their 23,000+ word thesis into less than 50 words (below)
"Their are four kinds of people -
1. Unconscious Incompetents - those that don't know that they don't know ....
2. Unconscious Competents - those that don't know that they know ....
3. Conscious Incompetents - those that know that they don't know, and
4. Conscious Competents - those that know that they know."
A helluva lot easier to read, too, don't you think?
An interesting diversion, Tom - and thanks for the laugh,
- "Eschew Obfuscation" - ;^)