Oops too much

Looks like a bad day for this fellow. Perhaps one or two less bags of cement may have worked.

Attachments

• Beaut Ute.JPG
    Beaut Ute.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 135
prob would have made it home if he'd have put 50psi in the tyres and stayed under 50kph.

the 50/50 rule i call it.

most people have no idea the load exerted on your car when you hit a bump at 80kph+. if you're overloaded, where clearly this dude is, then it equals breakage.

i regularly put 1000+kg in the back on my 2WD petrol hilux, but i never go above 50kph and make it home no probs every time.

We moved 500kg of tiles in a corolla once. At least I think it was 500, could have been 200, it was a few years ago. About 18sqm of floor tiles + grout + adhesive.

Anyway, we had to distribute them evenly throughout the car to get the load balanced, allowing for extra humans too. The other half got stuck in the back seat because we needed to put a heap in the front, corollas are front wheel drive. Back then we were 50 and 60kg so we barely made a difference with a load that size ...

That was a long, slow, careful drive. We got tiles for the rest of the house delivered - was worth it, it was an entire bloody pallet.

*sits and dreams of utes big enough for 3 kidlets and a good load too*

Back