Open for inspections and questions

We are heading out to some open for inspections tomorrow as our investing journey is about to start, but was wondering what questions to specifically ask? Are they, how long it has been on the market for, why are they selling, any offers already in and lowest offers they shall accept?? I googled my question and they were the answers I read.

I have tried the search function but was not able to find any threads on this.

Thanks

About time I should contribute to this forum... :D

I always make sure I am watching the body language of the REA when asking questions like " What brings the property to the market ?"

Thanks HeadHunter, just wasn't sure if we should be asking too many questions so we do not look too eager as this shall be out first IP.

its more about your poker face than asking questions
if you ask a heap of questions but dont show any excitement or whatever on your face that will think you just doing your DD not getting emotionally attached

Thanks HeadHunter, just wasn't sure if we should be asking too many questions so we do not look too eager as this shall be out first IP.

You can look eager make it abundantly clear you are seriously stretching the budget....

"Oh we were just passing by..... this place looked so lovely.....oh it's so nice.... if only it were 25% cheaper....."

The Y-man

We are heading out to some open for inspections tomorrow as our investing journey is about to start, but was wondering what questions to specifically ask? Are they, how long it has been on the market for, why are they selling, any offers already in and lowest offers they shall accept?? I googled my question and they were the answers I read.

I have tried the search function but was not able to find any threads on this.

Thanks

BTW the agents have also googled so they have answeres ready :)

Look for tell tales - owner occupied? Tenanted? Display Furniture?

The Y-man

Well home sweet home after having a look at 9 properties, thankfully one was under contract as I think it was too many for us. Do people take pics when they attend an open for inspection? Thanks again for the added advice :)

Back