OpenPGP & Passphrases HELP!!!!

Using Thunderbird as my business email programme.

When setting it up some time in August I attempted to use encryption as security seeing as they were business emails. Since then I've been in hospital blah blah blah and basically lost the plot with what I did.

When replying to an mail a popup from pinentry.exe asks for a passphrase which I remember but the email arrives full of gobbeldy gook.

I can work out how to disable enrcyption and singing BUT HAVE TO DO IT FOR EACH EMAIL.

Under Enigmail I've clicked on Decrypt/Verify and Automatically Decrypt/Verify. Nothing changes.

Clicked on Clear Saved Passphrase but it won't allow me to because I did it through gpg-agent for passphrase handling (apparentally).

I've uninstalled Thunderbird then reinstalled but it remembers my settings!!

Even my anti virus is popping up a warning that it can't check emails because they are encrypted.

I could go on and on with all the things I've tried but in short I WANT TO DELETE ANYTHING TO DO WITH SECRET KEYS AND PASSPHRASES!!! I just want to send emails without hassles - receiving isn't a problem.

Please help me. I'm so frustrated.

Have you tried this

<<In Thunderbird's main menu, go to Edit, then Account Settings, select OpenPGP Security, there you will find the message composition default options.

I think you have to un-check the option: Encrypt messages by default >>

HTH

Have you tried this

<<In Thunderbird's main menu, go to Edit, then Account Settings, select OpenPGP Security, there you will find the message composition default options.

I think you have to un-check the option: Encrypt messages by default >>

HTH

Thanks heaps! This seems to be working. I just have to sort out AVG now.

I gave up on that and switched to Avira, another freebie.

I have used that for 3 years now with no problems, if you can't sort out AVG may be worth trying something different.

Back