Opinions on investing in toowoomba city

Cotswold hills?

Hi guys,

This is my first post on this great forum.
I am looking at a h&L package at cotswold hills in the new kooringa valley estate in Toowoomba. I know the area is mostly an owner occupiers place, however this might be good as it might drive the price of the properties up.

Any ideas about this suburb?

Thanks

How are people going with their investments in Toowoomba? It looks like there's generally been some good price growth in the latter half of last year, but it doesn't appear to be uniform across Toowoomba.

From what I've seen, it seems like more of the price growth to date seems to be in the more expensive suburbs to the east and south of Toowoomba than the lower priced areas west and north. Can anyone provide more data or eyes on the ground to confirm or deny?

How are people going with their investments in Toowoomba? It looks like there's generally been some good price growth in the latter half of last year, but it doesn't appear to be uniform across Toowoomba.

From what I've seen, it seems like more of the price growth to date seems to be in the more expensive suburbs to the east and south of Toowoomba than the lower priced areas west and north. Can anyone provide more data or eyes on the ground to confirm or deny?

Growth has been roughly 10% for houses and 15% for units in Rangeville (East Toowoo). Very happy with my investment and development so far.

My REA tells me not to sell just yet as there will be an announcement within the coming weeks about the dual carriage way up the range. This should further enhance property prices, according to him. BTW I actually think this guy is a top bloke and would take his word. Don't normally like REAs, but this is one of the good ones.

Not sure what's happening through the rest of Toowoo.

It's hard to find data as the whole of Toowoo comes under postcode 4350. The only data (not very good) I have found to break up suburbs in Toowoo is on RE.com.au.

Growth has been roughly 10% for houses and 15% for units in Rangeville (East Toowoo). Very happy with my investment and development so far.

My REA tells me not to sell just yet as there will be an announcement within the coming weeks about the dual carriage way up the range. This should further enhance property prices, according to him. BTW I actually think this guy is a top bloke and would take his word. Don't normally like REAs, but this is one of the good ones.

It's hard to find data as the whole of Toowoo comes under postcode 4350. The only data (not very good) I have found to break up suburbs in Toowoo is on RE.com.au.

There's been announcements on the Toowoomba Second Range Crossing for months now. I know that the land has been acquired for the project, just need the go button now. The other outer ring road is already under construction in the CBD, but I don't see this in itself doing much for Toowoomba.

The data supplied from APM at the back of some of the magazines is suggesting to me a rather uneven spread of growth across Toowoomba - but this varies between data sources. At least for places like Rockville, Wilsonton and Harlaxton there doesn't appear to be much growth happening yet.

After a lot of research (and as I have extended family there) I am looking to buy my first investment in Toowoomba over the next couple of months. I am located in Melbourne so I am trying to find a good REA that I could speak to before I go up to assist in deciding where to buy. After researching, the recommended area appears to be south east, but as I am capped at $360 I am finding slim pickings in that area. I was wondering if you would mind sharing the name of your REA Roachy? I have found there are so many that do not return calls or have no knowledge of the areas. Warm thanks :)

Back