Opinions?

I'm supposedly allowed to post my opinion, or is that as long as it does not concern a moderator or a few select people?
Is this also "insulting a moderator"?

There's no point being a contributor in such a contrived forum. IMO

Good luck to those that need it, the others make it there own.

You are quite welcome to post your opinion, provided that you do not make false or damaging claims. We had several members in the past who caused legal problems for the owners of this forum due to the malicious and defamatory claims those users posted.

opinions are fine ... i think everyone here is interested in opinions.

when "opinions" becomer personal attacks against another poster, name calling, abusive, belittling or derogatory then they are unacceptable.

opinions are fine ... i think everyone here is interested in opinions.

when "opinions" becomer personal attacks against another poster, name calling, abusive, belittling or derogatory then they are unacceptable.

I agree, and let's face it, without some reasonable moderation, this site could turn into a site similar to that "other" one.

I'll third that.

This sight is helpful, positive and informative, to say the least. Sure we all have our odd objections or disagreements, this generally happens becasue of a difference in opinions. It makes for interesting debates on most occasions!:D

It is just not "kosha"", when debates turn into personal attacks. It defeats the whole purpose of SS and is disrespectful to it's founders.

Regards JO

On an after thought:

I have edited my posts sometimes becasue I have re-read my post an hour later and realised the interpretatioon could be entirely misconstrued in a negative way.

I always worry about this now and find myself re-reading them about three-four times. Especially when relating a particular opinion.

Words can be so deceiving if taken out of context...especially when you can't see a person's eyes.:rolleyes:

Regards JO

Jo raises a very good point. Various communication models tell us that pretty much all communication is:

7 % Words
38 % Tonality
55 % Physiology.

Obviously without the benefit of the (tonality and physiology) 93 % that is not apparent on an online medium such as this forum, we are left with words alone. Occasionally a tone may be implied and there is the benefit of smilies et al to accentuate a post or message, however when relying largely on the words alone, we do need to be careful of what we post.

Agreed with all above, opinions and the variety and cross section that this brilliant forum offers are beneficial as long as they don't attck or personaly insult others. Care also needs to be taken to not commercially compromise or defame others when this forum is one we share in and not personally own.

Oi, vai! It's not kosher to spell it kosha:)

According to the Kosha system in Yogic philosophy, the nature of being human encompasses physical and psychological aspects that function as one holistic system. The Kosha system refers to these different aspects as layers of subjective experience. Layers range from the dense physical body to the more subtle levels of emotions, mind and spirit. Psychology refers to the emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of our being. Together, all aspects make up our subjective experience of being alive
:p

There is a first time for everything, TF.

Quite funny how I wrote a post about re-reading my posts. I was more concerned with how it sounded and look at all my typo's!

Regards JO

I like some people's opinions and outlook more than others.

I think there is a way to block view of some posters. Anyone know how to do it?

Xenia said:
Go to UserCP, click on Settings and Options, then look for "Edit Ignore List" - click there, add the name, click Save - and you're done,

Regards,

Thank you Thank you Les,

You are responsible for saving my positive outlook :D

I didn't even know I could do this, should have done it years ago :)

I was finding it difficult to maintain it here with all that spite and poison coming from aggressive and especially passive agressive personalities.

agressive personalities are like a bad skin rash, it's obvious!

Passive agressives are like cancer, they kill you slowly without you even realising they are doing it and they destroy success in themselves and all that's around them.

It was only a handful of spiteful personalities that made me cringe from logging on, but now it's a happier place.

Thanks Les :D

:p

There is a first time for everything, TF.

Quite funny how I wrote a post about re-reading my posts. I was more concerned with how it sounded and look at all my typo's!

Regards JO

[pedant]

"Kosher" in Judaism basically refers to things being correct, fit or proper in accordance with halakha. Like a variety of other Yiddish words and phrases (my personal favourite being schmuck and, to a lesser extent, klutz) it has made its way into casual English.

[/pedant]

The kosha stuff was interesting, though ;)

Last edited:
So what actually happens when you block someone...does the thread just look the same but without the offending persons posts included? How does that effect continuity of the thread??:confused:

Boods

Agreed with all above, opinions and the variety and cross section that this brilliant forum offers are beneficial as long as they don't attck or personaly insult others. Care also needs to be taken to not commercially compromise or defame others when this forum is one we share in and not personally own.

Here! Here!

I continue to learn so much, not to mention save a fair bit of cash by utilising forums such as this one. The generosity of the Somers' in providing this forum should definately be respected and we all should be thankful. Maybe we should have a thanksgiving day?:D

Consideration should also be provided to all other SSers. Provide criticism if need be but make it constructive, else it's just useless dribble. Sure, a bit of friendly banter is ok, but personal attacks, provocation and insults are definately not cool IMO and those who do this make no friends.

Message to all. Somersoft is one of the best forums I have utilised. Please continue to ensure its standing is maintained.

I like some people's opinions and outlook more than others.

Xenia, Can you see my post? Can you still hear me? Xenia? Helllloooo?:D:D

Regards,

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

Why do you want to block someone? Surely not because you consider their opinions unworthy?

More likely because you were confronted by them. Accept being confronted if you venture onto a public forum.

I can hear you Loud and clear project :)

Being successful is about being surrounded by successful people.

You can't expect to fly with the eagles if you continue to scratch with Turkey's

Sufish confront is one thing and I don't think anyone can raise to great heights without it. I love confront.

I don't like Turkey's (well maybe except roasted with vegetables ;))

Back