Opportunity Knocks in Victoria!!

Work on the Victorian Regional fast train project has now commenced on the Bendigo Line, I think it is from Sunbury to Bendigo. The firm that is to deliver the Project is the John Holland group (see www.johnholland.com.au). The dates on the web site appear incorrect as all the workers have now moved off the Traralgon Line (Latrobe Valley) over to the Bendigo Line to commence work there.

I have an old Motel in the Valley and I was packed to the Rafters for 4 Months, at the height of the project I even had 4 to a room, as the guys were actually begging for a room. The guys that stayed at my place have virtually begged me to recommend places around Woodend. Kynten, Malmsburry, Bulla area’s, which is kind of close where John Holland are basing their site offices.

They tell me that all the Pubs in the region have increased their rates.

I was charging $100 a week for a room, no linen, but I supplied beds and a fridge, – which was pretty good for the Valley, where an ok one bedroom flat goes for $75 per week . So if anyone has a boarding house, any Farms in the area that have workers accommodation or even a renting out rooms of a houses. These guys simply worked long and hard, ate, have a couple of coldies, sleep, then went back to work again. Most of them are from Northern Qld, look rough and ready but I found them very trusting. It will require a bit of hands on, management in order to make a few $$.

If anyone has anything that may suit, they can possibly PM me and I can contact one of the “Chiefs” and word will get around quickly.

PS: I have no association with this project what so ever, just posting a possible opportunity for property investors in this area.

wombat

Back