Orange & Ballarat: Popular areas of town?

I'm looking into Orange and Ballarat at the moment looking at price under $300k. Which section of the town do renter prefer to live?

I can speak on Orange as that is where our latest property is.

For the price that you are are wanting to achieve perhaps look at South Orange boundered between the CBD, Peisley Street, Hill Street and the railway line but avoid the busier streets.

You can still purchase 3 bedders brick houses in that area but ensure that you do a building and pest report.

Also, with Orange, light and access to heating is important to them (for obvious reasons).

The new hospital in South Orange is now open, DPI are still looking at redeveloping their land to residential and Newcrest have an additional 40 years on their Cadia mine.

Good luck.

Ballarat:

some examples:

Best surburbs: Alfredton, Newington and Wendoree AROUND the lake.
Middle Suburbs: Golden Point, Canadian, Ballarat East and North Ballarat
Lower Suburbs: Sebastapol and Redan

There is also the outer areas like Delacombe an upcoming area IMHO, Mt Clear and Mt Helen a lovely bushy area great for students as the UNI is in Mt Helen.

There are the prime townships of Buniyong, Miners Rest and Creswick.

All provide a good return on rent. BUT do your research re: flood and fire prone areas as we have seen in the last 2 years.

Cheers

much much thank you for the input :)

Pwinne,
Is there a major infrastructure going on in Ballarat?
Thanks for the reminder about flood/fire, I'll keep that in mind

Chilliblue, with my budget, will i still possible get a newer property in Orange for its depreciation?

Thanks again, I may need to ask you for more suggestions and recommendation such as property manager, conveyancer, pest control, when I've decided which to go with

Cheers for that Ballaratian, that's very useful. I'm still collecting my data bits by bits while reading M. Lomas book about the 20 Qs. I'm with her group, so might as well knowing her method too.

Back