order of properties listed on websites

Hi I'm just wondering ... if you do a sort on a realestate.com or other property list from cheapest to most expensive, does it mean anything where properties listed without a price (eg ) come in the list? For example I'm interested in an 'expression of interest' property that is sandwiched in between one property thats advertised at 300k and one at 365k - does this give an expected indication of the price? Does the agent come up with an approximate value for realestate.com and is this usually accurate or do they tend to lower the price to get more people interested? Sorry - round about question, having a hard time explaining myself! Thanks

Hi I'm just wondering ... if you do a sort on a realestate.com or other property list from cheapest to most expensive, does it mean anything where properties listed without a price (eg ) come in the list? For example I'm interested in an 'expression of interest' property that is sandwiched in between one property thats advertised at 300k and one at 365k - does this give an expected indication of the price? Does the agent come up with an approximate value for realestate.com and is this usually accurate or do they tend to lower the price to get more people interested? Sorry - round about question, having a hard time explaining myself! Thanks

That should give you a fair indication of the expected price of the property.

You will always get some agents who under quote in order to generate interest, but they are hopefully in the minority!

You could always bring up the property ad on re.com

Right click on it
click "view page source"
On the screen click "edit"
Then "find"
Type "price"
and click next until you find the registered indication price for the ad.

It may not give the exact price, but will give a guide bracket at the very least.

Goodluck

Rooster

What you need to do is this:

On realestate.com.au you can see what price placeholder the advert has been put in & thereby see the agent's expectations......buy looking at View Page Source (after a right mouse click on the advert), then Edit, Find, price (hit 'next' a few times to find it)

I posted this about a year ago here: http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57023

Following your useful tips, I searched from the view source for below property that the price guide is $550-600K. Why is the advertised price range is $455-500K then? Is it another underpricing then?

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/Townhouse/VIC/Brunswick/?adid=2008655318

In my experience, neither of these things is entirely accurate.

A place we love and want to buy appeared in order when searched on realestate.com.au as around $290,000.

We also did that source / find / price thing and it was $300-$400k.

At auction it was passed in at $360,000 (only real bid was $320,000. Vendor bids beyond that). Then it turned out they want $399,000. So yes, TECHNICALLY $300-$400k is correct, but well...it wasn't really helpful in this case, you know?

It's still sitting there now. They're not budging much yet apparently NEED to sell. Hah.

Following your useful tips, I searched from the view source for below property that the price guide is $550-600K. Why is the advertised price range is $455-500K then? Is it another underpricing then?

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/Townhouse/VIC/Brunswick/?adid=2008655318

Hi Rosehill

I just checked the price via the source code (as Alan suggested) and it's $400-500K here. Agents will often broaden the guide for the search parameters however, so as to capture buyers looking just above this figure.

Back