Ordinary Millionaires

have started only reading the 1st chapter of orinary millionaire, Im already hooked.

If it was for the thread about how great this book is, I wouldnt have brought it.

yadreamin,
Just that the words "of" & "and" in the title may be the wrong way around.:)
The title is now in the above link, so must be close to coming out.
No doubt title will be corrected and this post will be irrelevant.
Like all my others.

Jim McKnight has passed away

Spent some time tracking down "Real Estate Rules/The Rules of Risk and Real Estate", the new book that Jim McKnight was working on (Mentioned on the Ordinary Millionaires back cover). Recently just received some feedback that Jim McKnight passed away just over a year ago without completing this new book.

A reminder to appreciate and make the most of what we have today. Ordinary Millionaires will always remain one of my favourite books and one cannot help but thank Jim McKnight for having made the time to write it.

Enjoy the journey. :----------------)

Cheers,

Shane/Sunstone. :)

RIP indeed! How sad! Was he old? :(

I've read this book 2 times over the past 8 months... I think it's great.

I thought the book was very ordinary indeed.
I did'nt mind a couple of personalities, but the rest was just trash from trashy people.

I would've asked for a refund after reading it, if I could get it.
I'd say if you find it in the bargain bin for $5 it's ok.

I did'nt mind a couple of personalities, but the rest was just trash from trashy people.

I challenge you to write something better... let me know when it's out!

I have not read much worse.
If your gonna publish garbage, then better write nothing.
If your going to praise stories about people's dishonesty, then you ain't any better then thay are.
And btw he did'nt really write much as it was mostly interviews with others.
And yeah I actually think I've written much more useful material.

I have not read much worse.
If your gonna publish garbage, then better write nothing.
If your going to praise stories about people's dishonesty, then you ain't any better then thay are.
And btw he did'nt really write much as it was mostly interviews with others.
And yeah I actually think I've written much more useful material.
Very harsh.

I got some value out of the book.

And, as stated previously in this thread, there were some bits I did not like.

But the bit "he did'nt really write much as it was mostly interviews with others".

Extremely harsh.

Interviewing, and reporting on the interviews, can be a very complex art. There are many people who do it badly.

I agree that there was one person interviewed who I thought was dodgy. I said so already.

But I thought the book had value nonetheless.

Spent some time tracking down "Real Estate Rules/The Rules of Risk and Real Estate", the new book that Jim McKnight was working on (Mentioned on the Ordinary Millionaires back cover). Recently just received some feedback that Jim McKnight passed away just over a year ago without completing this new book.

A reminder to appreciate and make the most of what we have today. Ordinary Millionaires will always remain one of my favourite books and one cannot help but thank Jim McKnight for having made the time to write it.

Cheers,

That's very sad news.

Ordinary Millionaires is one of my favourite property related books.

Oh serious? thats not cool hes gone belly up.

Piston, pretty harsh mate. But respect your view, as I hear you.

It may not have been the best book ever and won awards liek others have, but you must ask once you read it, did you learn something... and for the 20 bucks it cost me, did it make me pull my finger out of my.... ear.. for the day or 2 after that? yeh it did... so wasnt too bad.

I read this in 2005 i think, was one of the first say 10 books i had ever read in my entire life. guess every action in our lives have lead us to where we are today, so yeh not 2 bad, atleast i finished reading jims book, unlike some others that are wedged under my car seats, and boot instead of inside my house.

I remember a dude from elizabeth paid like 16k a pop there. bought the whole town... better then the rest of his mates at the pub he worked at i suppose now days.

.....Recently just received some feedback that Jim McKnight passed away just over a year ago without completing this new book.

Cheers,

Shane,

It saddens me to read this, I too thought the book a great read.
RIP Jim.

RIP Jim McKnight

Sad news indeed

I also got some value out of the book and read it more than once, an interesting collection of australian property investors from all walks of life.

He also did a synposis at the end of the book on the mindset, as psychology is his background and think he had a chat with Jan Sommers due to the fact that many of his investors mentioned her

Wish the book was longer, I'm sure some of the interviews not included would have made for interesting reading as well

You're just one big ray of sunshine, aren't you, PB?

better than me!

I think anyone who has had a book published, distributed for sale, then had it talked and argued about on a forum has done extremely well.

Must be good; can't wait to get a copy.

Sorry to hear.

Enjoyed the book and would have read the next one.

The book just highlighted the diversity in investment styles and approaches with the theme being RE.

Cheers

I also have read "Ordinary Millionaire$" and more than once. It was, amongst other books, one of the catalysts that assisted me to overcome the inertia of "parking" for a decade.

It enabled me to gain some insight into how other "average" people were tackling their invesment journey and put forward a plan of action to overcome my comfort zone. It assisted me gain momentum again........and helped me abolish some of the personal excuses and reasons I had for standing still.

It may not have been the best real estate investing book I have read and, although it was about ordinary (average) millionaires, the book was far from ordinary or average.

Jim, thank you for the lessons that your book and the interviews it contained provided to me. RIP.

Maybe it is a little harsh, but almost everybody seems to rave about this book.
So I went out to my nearest bookstore with purpose of buying it at whatever price they were asking (it was supposed to be that good).
So here I am back reporting what i thought of it.
I liked most of the stories, but a few were imo just trash.
How can they publish such material I dunno, and the back of the book states
"very practical guide to wealth creation".
Of course I have great respect for the others, they don't deserve to be put in the same book as the bad apples.
But for the author & publishers much much less.
You have your opinion I have mine. If you dont like it, get your own.
Mine is based on 22yrs of living RE investing, and the fact that it does'nt
matter what time i get out of bed tomorrow.
I've also had the good fortune of witnessing first hand many real life stories.
I've witnessed countless dealings & negotiations in the upstairs business branches. I 've attended many bank Xmas parties, yup they used to have them. And I've seen many people go broke making false assumptions, dishonesty, and countless other reasons.

At least one of'em mentions: "You look for honesty..."

ozperp, if i ever have the honour of buying you a coffee, you'll be blinded by the (positive) light :cool:

Back