Others thoughts on this deal?

Hi there,

New to the forum, but have been reading on here like a mad man for the last month. So much information and so many great stories! I just spent the last 4 hours reading through the interviews and stories sections which had me clicking links to others profiles and finding their stories too :eek: :D

I have always loved the idea of living off property, but somewhere along the line I lost sight of it some how, but 4 or 5 weeks ago I had a meeting with an uncle of a work colleague, who is a financial advisor and now markets a complete property investment package type thing, so he has access to home & land packages through a developer, can arrange the finance and recommend solicitors, accountants, etc, for those that need them. Now I know how that can all sound and appear to some :eek: and it can be a fair a call, but he seems like pretty decent bloke and was completely upfront about his commissions, kickbacks, etc....

Anyway long story short, one package I nearly considered, was a turn key, 3 bedroom home and land package in Wyreema for $346,000. I am just curious as to whether any others on here see any value in that?

I never went with it in the end, as to me there were a number factors relating to numbers and area that didn't make it sensible buying and I am just wondering if others might be keen to share their thoughts on it and why they would or wouldn't consider it, just so I can see how my way of looking at it compares, anything I may have missed, not thought of, etc... :) (One other factor is that I already have two negatively geared properties)

I wont be going with any of the properties he offered at this stage, as after all my reading on here, I have come to realise that my wife and I first need to sit down and work out exactly what it is we want to achieve in buying properties and then work out the best strategy, or mix of, to get us there :cool:

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and opinions.

Personally, I would not be buying in Wyreema :eek:
Towns of 1,000 people worry me on account of vacancy rates and CG.

For my $350K I'd rater buy a 1brm studio in Sydney's Inner West or a house on land in W Sydney or a large regional like Newcastle. At least these places have known CG and have a wide tenant pool to choose from.

Personally, I would not be buying in Wyreema :eek:
Towns of 1,000 people worry me on account of vacancy rates and CG.

For my $350K I'd rater buy a 1brm studio in Sydney's Inner West or a house on land in W Sydney or a large regional like Newcastle. At least these places have known CG and have a wide tenant pool to choose from.

yes, but there aint no 25 k marketing fee in that !

ta
rolf

:D:D Those comments came a little quicker than I expected, but they were expected ;)

I really can't say anything bad about the guy, he didn't try pressure me into buying anything, taught me some useful stuff I didn't already know and ultimately, through what he showed me, re-ignited my interest in property. It's a business to him, what he's selling isn't for everyone, wasn't for me, but others out there must be buying it, as he's making a living off it :eek:

Propertunity, I completely agree with you regarding Wyreema, I just wanted to check I wasn't missing some positive factor that I couldn't see, so thanks for responding.

By the way, how does one include previous quotes in a reply? When I tried to quote you second post, it removed the two quotes you had used :confused:

:D:D Those comments came a little quicker than I expected, but they were expected ;)

I really can't say anything bad about the guy, he didn't try pressure me into buying anything, taught me some useful stuff I didn't already know and ultimately, through what he showed me, re-ignited my interest in property. It's a business to him, what he's selling isn't for everyone, wasn't for me, but others out there must be buying it, as he's making a living off it :eek:

Propertunity, I completely agree with you regarding Wyreema, I just wanted to check I wasn't missing some positive factor that I couldn't see, so thanks for responding.

By the way, how does one include previous quotes in a reply? When I tried to quote you second post, it removed the two quotes you had used :confused:

Good that you are going eyes wide open. From the sounds of it I reckon cause you have a family connection he probably hasn't pushed for the sale as he probably would otherwise as there is a bit more at risk.

Good that you are going eyes wide open. From the sounds of it I reckon cause you have a family connection he probably hasn't pushed for the sale as he probably would otherwise as there is a bit more at risk.

While I'm not actually related to him, you could be right, as I work with both his nephews and so always a chance it could make things awkward, if all wasn't as it was sold to be :eek:

However, I'm just happy to see I wasn't missing some thing positive for the area that others could see and there is still hope I may yet learn to find a bargain :D

Typically the only people that make money out of those sort of deals are the developers and sales agents

Back