OTP apartments Carlton marketed in Joondalup

I thought a few Perthites would find this interesting!!

Noticed in the Northern Suburbs Real Estate paper this weekend just gone that sales reps from Melbourne would be down at Joondalup Resort for 4 days selling OTP Apartments in Carlton from $178,000.

JUST HAD TO GO DOWN FOR A LOOK - thought the opportunity was one that I MAY like to jump in on BUT..... the apartments they were talking about were 26sqm, one bdrm dog boxes with no parking and were designed as student housing.

Yes the Body Corp was low, management fees low, walking distance to uni, city etc but of course they only had stock left which was priced from $213,000 upwards and they were marketing them in PERTH.

What astounded me was the amount of people who were actually signing up.......you'd have to have cash to play with or a lot of equity to borrow against I would think (as a lot of cashed up West Aussies do at the moment). Most lenders would not even look at financing them at that size!!!!

Did anyone else go for a look and what were your thoughts?

sq

when flicking thru the saturday west you would think they had slipped a real esate section from the age in by mistake. as they say tho, a fool and their money are lucky to get together in the first place.

Yanchep is going REALLY good... it is at handover now and i just have to organise some finishing trades. Local agent appraised resale at $650k+ and i note an inferior home on the next street asking about $695k. i think I may be left with some residual sea views/glimpses when the build out of that little pocket is complete... more than i had expected.

the equity on completion of yanchep seems (at this stage at least) to be significantly higher than that along the south coast. perhaps because old yanchep has set a high benchmark already?

Good News Ausprop - Yes I did notice that house for sale in Seadrift for $695k and I must say I felt all warm and fuzzy!

Our pad should be down by end of this week I am told.

sq

Back