Our offer has been accepted....mixed feelings-are we doing the right thing?

Hi Everyone!

I know this is a bit of an open ended question, but i am having mixed feelings about our offer having been accepted? They were asking 425k and we have agreed on 400k.

It is a lovely 2.5 acre property In Flaxton QLD (sunshine coast hinterland) it has a VERY old school masters cottage on it of which the current owners are happy to rent back from us at $210 a week.

We are buying it with the view of renting out the cottage for the interim (we live in melbourne) and then in two years moving up there living in the cottage while we do it up and then eventually build a larger home on the land.

The only drawback is that the land runs along a main tourist road, but given that we are thinking of using the cottage (which is about 15 mtrs from the road) as an office or B&B this may not be a really bad thing) the land is more long than wide meaning when we do build a house there will be some road noise but hubby being a landscape designer is adamant that he can minimize this impact.

I suppose im just worried because its $400k and i want to start having babies soon. Words of encouragement???!!!! Is the sunshine coast hinterland yet to see more growth in the future? Does this sound like a good investment?

TIA

This is called buyers remorse and it hits us all to a certain level after we have signed a contract.

In my case it seems to go away once contracts are unconditional and the choices are gone :)

Have the babies where you're currently living and move in to a brand new house when they are toddlers :) What you want in a house layout changes as the little blighters get bigger.

Says me who is madly chasing a newly crawling baby around the house removing baby-unsafe things as she moves. Who would have thought an upright Dyson was such a lethal piece of equipment?

Hi Everyone!

I know this is a bit of an open ended question, but i am having mixed feelings about our offer having been accepted? They were asking 425k and we have agreed on 400k.

It is a lovely 2.5 acre property In Flaxton QLD (sunshine coast hinterland) it has a VERY old school masters cottage on it of which the current owners are happy to rent back from us at $210 a week.

We are buying it with the view of renting out the cottage for the interim (we live in melbourne) and then in two years moving up there living in the cottage while we do it up and then eventually build a larger home on the land.

The only drawback is that the land runs along a main tourist road, but given that we are thinking of using the cottage (which is about 15 mtrs from the road) as an office or B&B this may not be a really bad thing) the land is more long than wide meaning when we do build a house there will be some road noise but hubby being a landscape designer is adamant that he can minimize this impact.

I suppose im just worried because its $400k and i want to start having babies soon. Words of encouragement???!!!! Is the sunshine coast hinterland yet to see more growth in the future? Does this sound like a good investment?

TIA

HAHA as Simon pointed out (he said the same thing to me :D) everyone goes through it :)

Hi Neaka,

Babies aside, purchasing 2.5 acres in Flaxton for $400K has to be a steal. Flaxton, Maleny, Mapleton and surrounds have to be part of Gods own country and are quite sought after by retirees.

Provided that you have not over extended yourselves, I can't possibly see how you could regret such a purchase.

i do agree with jon and land in such area's is a dream for most, but if the financial side changes when you have your family, ie income , as this is usally the biggest hit, then perhaps you could put somthing inplace to get a better rent returns for the mortage, if your partner and you move their in a few years, his finances will change too, but apart from these little things good buying.

Have the babies where you're currently living and move in to a brand new house when they are toddlers :) What you want in a house layout changes as the little blighters get bigger.

Says me who is madly chasing a newly crawling baby around the house removing baby-unsafe things as she moves. Who would have thought an upright Dyson was such a lethal piece of equipment?

here here...in my case, it's chasing newly walking TWINS around the house. Definitely babies first and the new house later.:)

Hi Everyone!

TIA
Our offer hasn't even been excepted yet, and I'm feeling the same

Back