Outlook Express 6 - Importing Emails

Hi all,

I hope one of you computer literate people out there have Outlook Express 6.

I was switching itentities and a message came up where it wanted me to compact my emails to free up space. Silly me said yes and when it was nearly through compacting I got the blue screen of death. After a little of watching it say it was dumping my physical memory to disk :eek: I turned off my computer and restarted it.

Well most of my emails were missing:eek: All the Inbox ones were gone as were many in different folders (even one I had set up for good Somersoft threads).

I had a look and saw the emails were still in my File Manager under Itentities because there were lots of kb's against each folder (I know enough at least to check that out) and I found out how to import them back in and it seemed to work i.e. it said it was importing them and showed the number of emails it was importing back in and it said it was finished importing them.

But when I had a look they still wern't there!! It is very frustrating as I know they are there but I can't get to them to put them back in Outlook Espress.

Does anyone have any ideas??:confused: :confused:

Just to let you know that I have been able to import my emails from my old computer (I recently upgraded my computer). So plugged the old one in and copied the file where they were stored onto a portable hard drive and then imported them from the hard drive onto my computer. I am missing about 2 weeks worth (the time since I got the new comp) but that is ok.

The strange thing that is happening now is all the sent items have disappeared and the won't import back in. When I send an email it comes up with an error message saying it can't send it and it is just stuck in the outbox but I have found out the emails do reach their destination.

So I have to take them out of the outbox and put them in drafts just to store them there.

So the bottom line is that for some reason my computer will not let any emails end up in the sent items folder i.e. it won't let me import them and it won't put the new ones I sent in there. It is like there is some quarantine on it.

I have been trying lots of things to rectify but having no luck at all

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them

Thanks
Petal

I use Yahoo

But I suppose Gmail and Hotmail are the same

No limit on storage and doesn’t take up physical memory

bewdy

The Outlook brothers are nasty, secretive pieces of work. I got fed up with the myriad issues people kept coming to me with. Corrupt data files in particular are a pain in the unmentionables to recover. So I tell them sorry your data is gone thanks to Microsoft and their stupid binary formats, and just install Thunderbird on their computer.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Back