Oversupply in Melbourne

W

WebBoard

Dear Melbourne investors

I work in the construction industry and cannot help but notice that there's a surfeit of flats and apartments being built out there. Capital spending by the State Gov. had to come to an end for a while after Kennett's exuberant spending and a lackluster investment in building by the commercial sector still prevails. Most of what is being built now are apartment towers and blocks. This fact, together with the knowledge that a huge amount of small medium density residential development is threading its way through the suburbs, makes me a little fearful of vacancy rates in the next few years. Has anyone any thoughts on this? Perhaps Sydney-siders have already been through a period of oversupply and can allay these concerns. Has this already been discussed?

Also - I apologise as it would have been asked before but I cannot find any posting - can anyone recommend a good broker in Melbourne (who I can follow up if I receive reassuring responses to my first question on oversupply!)

thanks for any assistance and I wish I could contribute some useful information to the forum but I am a raw beginner in property investing.

Pamela

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Pamela

If you mean mortgage broker, I can recommend Rolf's offsider, Medine Simmons.

A number of my clients have used Medine's services and the feedback has all been positive. Please feel free to email me if you would like more of her details.

Dale

Last edited by a moderator:
Back