owners corporation managers,problems ?

have any of you experienced investors had problems/concerns with the body corporate/owners corporation managers ?

What are the good signs and the bad signs?

We recently purchased a unit in a small block of 8 and relied on our solicitor to let the manager know of our details...

we were not informed in time of the annual general meeting

another unit owner said they received notification of the meeting but it had the wrong time on it and they arrived to find the meeting over?!

What makes an excellent owners corporation manager?

is it easy to change managers?

We recently purchased a unit in a small block of 8 and relied on our solicitor to let the manager know of our details...

What makes an excellent owners corporation manager

is it easy to change managers?

So in short you've handed over a pile of your chips to game you know nothing about?

another unit owner said they received notification of the meeting but it had the wrong time on it and they arrived to find the meeting over?!

Ok, that's a bad sign.

First thing to test: can you get in touch with them easily to discuss (anything) - if your calls don't get returned, baaaaad sign.

Cheers,

The Y-man

:

In this case the meeting would be null and void, any decisions made would be cancelled and another meeting would have to be called with correct notice given.

It may be that the notice of the meeting was sent out before your details as the new owner were received by the body corporate.
Marg

I highly recommend you get yourself onto the committee ASAP. I was having a heap of problems with notifications from my managers until I nominated myself for the committee and since then have been in the loop on everything.

Having said that I am still very dissatisfied with my body corporate managers and want to change them. I'm pretty sure I'll have the numbers to back me up but given past experience am worried I'll have the same problems with a new manager. Any recommendations of good managers covering inner suburbs of Melbourne? Or conversely, any managers I should steer clear of?

Back