Paddington QLD Apartment versus house in Kadren/Zilmere

Hi All,

I am in sydney and going to buy in Brisbane. Paddington is one of the short listed suburb. It hasn't shown a lot of growth in recent past, however my agent says there is potential and buying an apartment in Paddington is better then buying a house in Zilmere or kadren

Your views on above please

IMO its nonsense.

I would prefer a house with decent land size, something you can add value too, than buy a unit, even its its closer to the cbd.

I think a property in zilmere would have better CG medium to long term, provided bought at a good price with decent land and room to add value. Hands down will win.

Depends on the property. You can buy a dud or a good place in Zillmere, you can find a dud or a good buy in Paddington. Kedron is closer to the City than Chermside, so not a bad spot either. My pick would be a house in Paddington (for location), but I can't afford there at the moment.
Apparently Brisbane is going to have an oversupply of units. A small block of units in Paddington could still be a good buy, but you gotta do your research. Getting investment advice from the RE agent? Probably not a good start.
Houses in Paddington are well above their previous peak, units look a little flat:

Attachments

• Paddo.jpg
    Paddo.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Hi All,

I am in sydney and going to buy in Brisbane. Paddington is one of the short listed suburb. It hasn't shown a lot of growth in recent past, however my agent says there is potential and buying an apartment in Paddington is better then buying a house in Zilmere or kadren

Your views on above please

Do you mean Kedron? If so, I'd much house and land in this suburb rather than Zillmere and Paddington. Kedron is so close to CBD with the new busway. Even though Kedron is booming at the moment, there are still some great opportunities if your strategy is to hold long term. Apartment in Paddington could be ok as long as it isn't on a main road or in a large complex ie over about 15 units

Back