Paid magazines?

Hi Simtr,

Just my opinion, I think people who want to be successful at investing need to eliminate this idea of 'free advice, free seminars free whatever'. IMHO when all is said and done, its very counterproductive to achieving great success. The info that's going to make people the most money, save them the most time, give them the best advice/service - all costs money. And generally a lot of it. that's been my experience. Only my opinion.

Please don't take it the wrong way, my comment is really a general one its not aimed at you mate.

Cheers

Leo

p.s I do think this is an amazing forum!

I was saying that this forum is a better resource than magazines with the added bonus of it being free. Stick around, do some reading and learning and who knows, you might agree with me.

I think Leo already does agree, maybe not about the free but about the value of this resource - 500 posts in a couple of months I think Leo loves it here as much as us :D

I was saying that this forum is a better resource than magazines with the added bonus of it being free. Stick around, do some reading and learning and who knows, you might agree with me.

Hi Simtr,

I agree the forum is a great resource mate. Once someone starts going into 'better' resource mentality, it can get dangerously limiting IMO. Call me a sticker if you like :) But I agree with you its an amazing resource.

Leo

Hi Simtr,

I agree the forum is a great resource mate. Once someone starts going into 'better' resource mentality, it gets dangerous IMO. But I agree with you its an amazing resource.

Leo

Hah, wheres the danger? Which magazines do you currently subscribe to out of interest?

Hah, wheres the danger? Which magazines do you currently subscribe to out of interest?

Hi Simtr,

I don't subscribe to magazines anymore, API and YIP give me free subscriptions. (but I paid for many years for both every month). (and I did not ask for free subscriptions now).

With regards to "where's the danger",

"The book you don't read cant help you". Jim Rohn.

Leo

Funny you should ask, there happens to be a whole thread devoted to them.

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9652

That's one point extra for this forum over a magazine, hope that's not too dangerous.

I know about the thread mate. I was asking you personally if there are any books you find great that you would recommend.

With regards to one point over magazines ..too dangerous etc.. I've given up already on that. People will either get it/appreciate it (the philosophy that is) or they wont. That's it. ;)

On another note, I think Rolf recommended a very interesting book to me a few months ago and I enjoyed it very much. "the sleight edge" by Jeff Olson.

Cheers

Leo

Whilst I 100% agree this forum is the best resource available anywhere to learn about property I do believe combining with other resources such as books and magazines is the way to go.

I personally love reading a book or magazine on the train/toilet/in-bed and what usually happens is I will stumble across a new concept that I never knew existed. I then flesh it out further with all the experts here and further educate myself on that particular subject.

Back